IGNORED

What Big Mak Size?

WBoyter

I'm gearing up for a little trip, and I'm going for that Big Mak bag. Anybody else in here have one on their R12RT? I believe I remember seeing one on T.Brown's, but what size should I go with?

I went with the BMW bag. I had a Mak on my 1150RT, but like the way the BMW bag hooks on to the rack. The design also eliminates the need to throw on a rain cover in the event of a wet ride.

One shortcoming of the BMW bag is the lack of cubby holes for misc items.

Yes, I have the BigMak from my previous 1150 RT.

It is still the way to go IMO.. much easier for fillups during a long trip. Only downside is that you need spray it with some waterproofing stuff once and a while.

I have the Explorer SC bag and a Space Case on top of it. I also got the rigid platen.

If you mount yer GPS between the bars, then you will not be able to see it with the Big Mak in place

I mounted the GPS up high using the mount made by Motorrad Concepts in Scotland. Much easier to see while riding IMO See GPS mount here!

USA Motorrad Concepts Dealer is Here!

PM if you need a pix of the whole thing, I can walk to the garage and take a pix.

I went with the BMW bag. I had a Mak on my 1150RT, but like the way the BMW bag hooks on to the rack. The design also eliminates the need to throw on a rain cover in the event of a wet ride.

One shortcoming of the BMW bag is the lack of cubby holes for misc items.

Absolutely agree with Scot!

I called Big Mak this afternoon, and I guess it was Mark that I spoke with. He said that he's just finished a redesign for the R12RT that changes the depth of the bolt structure and helps account for the volume control on the left bar. I ordered it up with a couple of accessories, and if you're interested I'll return the pictorial favor.

Archived