IGNORED

GS Mirrors for a 2000 R1100RT

Larsen

What year or model GS Mirrors fit a 2000 R1100RT without modification? If you have the Part Number that will make it easier. I'm tired of having blind spots to my rear when I've got my large bag and cold weather jacket mounted behind me.

Thanks

Jim Larsen

I believe that any year R1100GS mirror will work. (Note...R1100GS, not R1150. I believe the 1150 is different).

I think the R1100RS mirrors are the same as well.

I'm using mirrors from a 94 R1100RS on my 99RT. The switchgear on your 2000RT is the same. Make sure to get the correct bolt for the right side mirror as it's a left hand thread.

I also wanted a better view over my back seat loaded with gear and these mirrors work perfectly. Only drawback is that the mirror stalks just touch the CB windshield when turning the bars all the way either direction. Not a big problem but if you're using an Aeroflow or a very wide screen it could limit your turning radius.

Jim, I put GS mirrors on my 99R1100RT so I could see behind me with the bike loaded with camping junk. The right mirror post does have to be left hand thread. I noticed right away a sensation that the bike was being held back or something was causing increased resistance. MPG dropped a little too. Finally got around to taking the mirrors off and they were the source of the resistance/hold back. Side affect of the mirrors, FYI.

Mark,

Thanks for the info! I have a CB #2 +2 1/2" that I ride with 99% of the time full down. Am I going to have to make cut-outs in the sides of the CB W/S for when I have the mirrors on?

I too have a CB screen, taller and wider than stock, not sure which # it is, but on my bike anyway, there is not contact betweent he mirrors and the screen. Suppose your riding postion could affect that though. As to resistance, just imangining the windflow over your screen and fairing, you can see why the resistance. And my experience is that screen position up/down/inbetween makes no difference on resistance. Ride Safely.

Mark,

Thanks for the info! I have a CB #2 +2 1/2" that I ride with 99% of the time full down. Am I going to have to make cut-outs in the sides of the CB W/S for when I have the mirrors on?

Jim, I have GS mirrors on my 2001 R1100RT and have been wondering about clearance issues if I were to mount a CB#2+2 1/2. Perhaps we could mount my mirrors on your bike for a test fit smile.gif. P.M. me if this sounds good to you. P.S. I live in Hayward, near Chabot College.

I've got GS mirrors on my '99 RT.I did cut notches in my Cee Baileys +2 1/2" for clearance,about 1" high by 3/4" deep.I put convex mirrors in the GS housings and I have them cranked out pretty far. The object is to give me a clear view of what is lurking in the blind spots alongside.I shift lanes with confidence without headturn/checks.Very nice.

Archived