IGNORED

Front Brake Vibration

skinny

I have a new RT1200 with about 8500 miles. The front brake has suddenly started a bad (as in Oh,sh**t) vibration when stopping from above 60 or 70 MPH. I just replaced the pads, which had no effect, and I have checked the discs for run-out/bent places/dings/cracks, etc. and found nothing. The calipers are OK, and the wheel and tire are OK. Anyone had a similar experience???. I'm not looking forward to trying to convince the dealer of a major problem, but failing everything else, I guess a 700 mile round trip to Austin is the next move....

I am having a similar problem on my 1200GS. I took it to the dealer and asked him to ride it. The first thought was the rear shock had lost it's gas which is true. BMW replaced it under warranty and it handles better but still stutters when I apply the front brake with any kind of I need to stop NOW! pressure. The wrench at Woodsons talked to BMW and they said to start going through it one step at a time, pads, rotors etc. He suspected it was in the suspension like a cracked bushing maybe. I have not taken it in because I am still riding it and the dealer is 100 miles away, not as bad as 700 but still a PITA. I will post more when I give the bike to the dealer, probally in December when I start to reduce my riding time.

Archived