IGNORED

Is Autocom the only option?

DBrochu

I'm thinking about mounting a radar detector to my 1200GS. I'd like to intergrate the GPS with the detector and hey while I am at it it would be nice to have some tunes from my iPod.

Is Autocom the only option?

Does anyone make a wireless device? I'm not thrilled about all of these wires hanging out there in the wind.

Thanks in advance.

Autocom is not the only option. There are others. But I doubt you'll find as many satisfied users, or a company with as much technical support, as you will with Autocom.

I am biased, of course, since I'm a manager at one of the nation's leading Autocom dealers. But this isn't about buying from us. You can buy from hundreds of Autocom dealers across the country, or directly from Autocom USA themselves. However, just to make sure you get a chance to review some of the other systems out there, here's a brief list.

Starcom

Inta-Ride

Baehr

...and perhaps a few others.

Do a Google search on them and see what you think.

If you have any technical questions regarding Autocom, just let me know. Also, the Managing Director (owner) of Autocom U.K. is a member of this board and occassionally pops in to lend a hand with the technical stuff. Can't get much better customer support than that.

I kave had great success with the MotoComm unit. I have GPS,cell phone, mp3 player, and walkie talkie tied in to mine and works very well. Also a heck of alot less money.

I kave had great success with the MotoComm unit. I have GPS,cell phone, mp3 player, and walkie talkie tied in to mine and works very well. Also a heck of alot less money.

do you have the "audioboss" unit by MotoComm? It seems to offer a lot for the money, however I'm curious about the quality. advertising can be deceiving you know!

Three of us have been happily using the British Starcom units with SAT radio or MP3 + GMRS bike-to-bike communication for several weeks now. Haven't tried radar or phone yet, but that's next.

-RickP.

I've been using a Intaride RP1this summer. GPS and Radar go into a mixer and then to the unit. I haven't tried phone or FRS yet. If you just want audio from the radar detector, GPS and music you could get by with just a mixer and in helmet speakers rather than a comm system. I used just a mixer for several years but bought the RP1 because I wanted to add rider to pillion communication with out spending a lot of $$. I already had the mixer and ground loop cables so it was the the best unit for my needs.

Archived