IGNORED

Throttlemeister

Louisianaman

what makes this thing a mabob work? mine no longer holds the throttle securely so i removed it from handlebar. since i had no idea what made it work to begin with i can't "see" what has changed in order to fix it. confused.gif

It works by pushing against the throttle(plastic tube around the bar, that you twist). When the TM is off the throttle should work as normal, with no added friction. When the TM is on, the throttle will not close on it's own, but you can still open/close it by hand.

To make a TM tighter remove some washers. You need to find the washer(spacer) combo that allows your throttle to be totally free when the TM is turned off, and still grab when on. Beware the throttle expands when your heated grips are on.

skinny_tom (aka boney)

How it works. There is a brass sleeve that moves out when the throttlemeister is turned. The sleeve presses against your grip and essentially sandwiches it against the assembly on the left side of the grip. It appears to be three peices of metal, and I was unable to turn the assembly (to see how it worked) without first attaching it to my handlebar, and thus securing the innermost peice to keep it still.

To adjust it, put it on the bike, turn it so the sleeve sticks out about the width of a credit card, and loosen the control assembly of the right handlebar. There's 3 screws(if memory serves me correctly), two of which are hidden under a plastic "flap" type cover on the underside of the switches. Turn your heated grips on and when they're fully warmed up, slide the grip assembly against the throttlemeister and tighten it.

You should be able to freely move the throttle with the grips at their warmest. If you can't move it to the left a tad. Since the grip expands a little when it's warm, the amount you'll need to turn the throttlemeister will vary depending on the temperature of the grip.

Archived