IGNORED

Will Shoei X-Eleven fit in ST side bag?

TowJam

Question for anyone riding a 1200RT/ST and wearing a Shoei X-Eleven helmet... Will the helmet fit in either of the side cases? (I'm assuming that with the exception of the painted lids, the cases for the RT and ST are identical in dimensions.) My Eleven would not fit in either of my KRS' side cases - in spite of BMW advertising that the bags would hold "a full face helmet". Go figure.

thanks in advance.

My XL X-11 fits in my ST cases, as does my RF1000, and Arei Quantum-F.
Excellent! Thanks for the reply.

One follow-up question... according to my dealer, the ST panniers can't be keyed to the ignition key - you have to have a separate key. Does this sound right? (I find this hard to believe as my KRS only needed one key for both the ignition and bags.)

My XL X-11 fits in my ST cases, as does my RF1000, and Arei Quantum-F.
Excellent! Thanks for the reply.

One follow-up question... according to my dealer, the ST panniers can't be keyed to the ignition key - you have to have a separate key. Does this sound right? (I find this hard to believe as my KRS only needed one key for both the ignition and bags.)

Your dealer;

A) doesn't know what he's doing.

b) wants more money from you for another key.

The bags can be common keyed.

Just like R4ND0M_AX3 said. They can be common keyed. It took BMW more than 2 months to deliver the new locks, but they are on my bike, and match my original ignition key. They are an extra cost, but I don't remember how much.

My dealer also, put in a temporary set of locks so I could use my bags while I waited for the new. Free of charge.

Your dealer is either doesn't know or is lying to avoid the work of ordering the locks.

When I bought the side cases for my ST, keying them was included in the price for all three bags. Your dealer is not being very customer friendly frown.gif (I'm trying to be kind, here).

Your dealer is either doesn't know or is lying to avoid the work of ordering the locks.

Actually, I may have misunderstood what the dealer told me (keeping in mind that they have previously common keyed my KRS). Thinking back to the discussion, they *may* thought I was asking about the bags coming common-keyed from the factory (like the RT). In any event, I'll have it all worked out before the bike hits the dealership. If they give me grief, I have no problem calling them down on it.

thanks for the responses.

Archived