IGNORED

I feel like I'm sitting on my #$%^&!

jimswms

there. I said it. BMW R850R with Rick Mayer seat. I've got about 1600 miles on the seat and I feel like I'm always sitting on my balls. I'm not sure how else to phrase it.

It's not painful, just uncomfortable. Before I send the seat to Rick for an adjustment, does anyone have any pointers? I didn't feel this way with the stock seat. This is new. Maybe, it's pushing me into the tank more than before?

cheers,

Jim

Is the seat pointing upward in the front? I kind of felt that way after jacking up the front part of my RT seat a bit too much. After relocating it downward a tad it was fine. The seat will break in faster under your butt (due to more weight) however, it may never break in under the boyz...unless...well I aint goin' there... blush.gif

I was just going to say, make sure the front of your seat is high enough. Back when I had a stock seat, I would slowly slide forward in my seat. This would pull my pants into me and create a very uncomfortable "suggie" after about 150 miles, unless I kept up with the necessary adjustments.

Seat Jacks fixed that problem, but I removed them after I bought my Rick Mayer seat. Haven't had a problem with my new seat.

I'm not sure that 1600 miles is enough to fully break in your seat. It took about 3000 miles on mine, but since then, it's been great.

As the foam under your butt packs down a little bit more, your problem may go away.

thanks, guys. I'll give it some more time (miles). I did email Rick, so, we'll see what he has to say. I will say I'm really impressed with his customer service and attention to detail so far..

cheers,

Jim

I think that the front of your seat is too low and you are sliding foward on the seat putting pressure in the sensitive area. I also find, in particular, on a longer rides that wearing boxers in lieu of briefs makes a big difference. The outer seam - edge of briefs falls right at the edge of the seat. That creates a pressure point which in turn will cause pain and fatique.

I'm going for a 760 miles ride Saturday and I'm going to wear boxers.

Mark

Archived