IGNORED

Can you recommend a magnetic tank bag w/map pocket?

Laura

We're looking for a smaller size magnetic tank bag with map pocket for the FJR. We don't really need it for storage with the exception of maybe some small items and/or the compact bike cover we carry.

When I rode my HD Dyna years ago I used a bag made by Tourmaster. It was a compact one (Cortech Series) that had a zipper around the middle, allowing it to expand another inch or two when unzipped. It had a decent size map pocket and reflective stripping.

regards

I used a small magnetic bag from chase harper this weekend at torrey and absolutely loved it. It has a removable map carrier, and the bag itself is a perfect size for things like visor rag, wallet, cellphone, and a ew other odds and ends. I believe it is the 450, but I'll have to check when I get home. Whatever it is, it doesn't show up on the chase harper website (I walked into the factory in town and they loaded me up with their latest and greatest products at a discount grin.gif).

It uses rare earth magnets with shields on the top side which means that it sticks like it was superglued to the tank, but doesn't stick to anything from the top side. The magnets are tiny and only in the flaps, not under the bag itself (like may others), so your credit cards won't get blanked if you put your wallet in the bag.

I'll take a photo and post it.

--sam

Am I the only guy here cheap enough to recommend the Joe Rocket one? It had a nice big map pocket and the magnets were strong enough to hold it on my R-R without a windshield. Was like $30 and held plenty for me. Not 3 feet tall like some of these things.

It was everything I wish the BMW supplied bag could be for my R-RS. If I hadn't gotten it for free with the bike, I would be really mad at BMW for that piece of junk.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a follow-up.........

We decided to get the Tourmaster Cortech Mini Tank Bag. It's great....it's not so mini and the map pocket is a real good size. It's not bulky yet it expands several inches if we need it to. It's very reflective, good looking and the price was right.

Thank you all for your input. thumbsup.gif

Archived