IGNORED

Not for the squeamish...

BanjoBoy

One would like to say ATGATT would've helped but I doubt the outcome would've been any different. My guess is alcohol was involved with the cage driver. Ugly

Damn!!!! Man that is f'd up. That Sergio guy has one hell of a good guardian angel I tell you, and while atgatt may have helped I agree that the outcome would likely have been the same.

Looks like the cage kept going, too bad there is no information about the driver..

I'm not in the entertainment industry but aren't you supposed to close the roadway during filming? This was one reason to keep the area sterile.

ShovelStrokeEd

I fail to see what any of this has to do with riding well other than to watch your six.

Tragic, to be sure, and good gear may have reduced some of the injuries.

I believe one of the lead bikes lost power and the other riders just bunched up behind. The cage driver had to be not paying attention and maybe was impaired. Hard to tell as he left the scene. It was Mexico City, one of the more congested places I have visited.

You did not hear the car crash into something solid at the end? I'm pretty sure that they got him/her. And this appears to have been in Mexico City where the film guidelines are probably grossly different than in the US

I fail to see what any of this has to do with riding well other than to watch your six.

I believe one of the lead bikes lost power and the other riders just bunched up behind. The cage driver had to be not paying attention and maybe was impaired. Hard to tell as he left the scene. It was Mexico City, one of the more congested places I have visited.

It has a lot to do with riding well IMHO.

It shows that you should ride the speed of traffic, (Or faster ;) ) to be safe. It shows you should pay attention to all things going on around you, (Especially your 6) and it shows you should stay the hell out of Mexico City! (If that car driver was still alive after their crash, they shoulda been shot on the scene!)

As tragic as it was, it was error after error on the part of the riders. It also shows that it's better to be lucky, than to be good.

It happened in Mexico City. These guys were all male strippers and were filming a promo for their show. Sergio Mayer was too cheap to arrange for a closed road, and they were riding too slow for the flow of traffic. The driver was DUI and was charged. He was driving within the speed limit, but failed to assimilate the difference in speeds and react accordingly. In Mexico City "El que pega, paga" "Who ever hits, pays".

A nicely coordinated set of events for disaster.

ShovelStrokeEd

Ride the speed of traffic? Or faster? Fine idea but difficult to do when the lead bike stalls. I guess they should have just passed him and kept on going. Me, I'd rather have a group of brake lights behind me.

Watching your six is always a good idea but, with no where to go and a drunk closing on you at high speed, it probably won't do much more than allow you to tense up prior to the crash.

Archived