IGNORED

Lower RT bars...

Matt Morrison

Kind of a strange question. I know on every other bike people wanna put bar backs. I wanna put "bar forwards" on my 04 RT. I would like to move the bars lower and more forward, maybe even a bit wider. Are there any available options? I seem to remember someone doing a motorcross style bar and riser combo on an RT. Thanks for your help.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Just sold my 03 RT but have had the same question in my mind, only was afraid too ask, being a girl and all... I've never seen it talked about or advertised, it must be possible technically, I just think we may be the only two people ever having conjured up this question!

OTOH with me it may have been the very start of my GS virus. Have you tried one yet? clap.gif

I wouldn't mind having my bars just a bit lower and a bit more forward on my RT. The reason I have not asked about is I can shift around on the R1200 enough to get that forward lean. I am a long time RS rider but I've gotten used to the RT position. The R1200RT is much better because it does not lock you into position like the R1150 and R1100 did. Overall I am very satisfied with the R1200RT seating position. The difference between the R1150/R1100RT and the R1200RT is the seat. The R1200 is more conventional and does not lock you into position. I also believe it's a bit softer. This is a good thing since it takes 7.4 gallons and gets better than 46mpg. OTL has gotten 7.4 gallons after running the RT dry. I regularly get 47 mpg around town on my RT. This means the RT EASILY goes over 300 miles on a tank of fuel.

Archived