IGNORED

Schuberth S1 and neck pain

jimswms

I love my new Schuberth S1. I don't love the pain that develops in the base of my neck and upper spine though! I think it has to do with being so much heavier than my Icon Alliance. I'm wondering if those that own these helmets have felt this, and if it eventually went away as you got used to the heavier helmet?

Admittedly, I love the helmet and its features, but, this is making me feel that I may need to sell soon and get something else. At this point, I can honestly sell it as slightly used/like new.

Any advice?

Jim

I have had gradually heavier lids over the last few years.

I do not get pain with the S1, but do get a little stiffness in the neck after a long day

Mind you, I could lift a car with my neck muscles now dopeslap.gif

Cya, Andy thumbsup.gif

I've not had any neck pain, nor did I with my only slightly lighter Concepts that preceded it (with a brief stint in a KBC VR-1.) However, I've been toting a big, fat head for years. Maybe the few extra ounces don't make a differences.

Greg

Jim,

I feel your pain, or rather, I have felt your pain. Trading off now between the S1 and an HJC. I think I am getting used to the extra weight of the S1, and it's definitely aerodynamically better than the HJC.

But the ventilation is still horrible. Since other folks from warm climates don't seem to have this problem, I wonder if my S1 is defective. Wish I could take it apart. For example, I can't tell any difference at all (with the windshield full down on my RT) in the airflow whether the upper vent is full forward or aft - which way is supposed to be open anyway? The manual is vague about it.

In any event, the weight issue isn't bothering me like it did at first. Maybe you'll get used to it, too. Good luck.

Jim,

Although heavier and less areodynamic than my Arai Signet GT, there isno neck pain even after hours on a sportsbike.

iconoclasticyclist Blow into the vents. You can easiliy determine open/close positions. I find the S1 sweltering and tie up the front collar.

No pain at all with my S1. Great helmet. Hey Icono-make sure you look inside the helmet and make sure none of the padding has sealed off the internal vent holes. I had to move my padding around some to make sure all vent holes were unobstructed. Might help?

Archived