IGNORED

Computer gas range indication

cranezilla

Miles to empty. There is no real "reserve" in BMW speak.

That being said, the experience of some is that it will go past the indicated remaining miles by a bit before coasting to a stop.

That will take some getting used to.

My old Harley is equiped with a 10 gallon Aux tank 4 gallon main tank which includes 1/2 gallon reserve, 14 gallons total.

The specs on the R1200RT says 7.1 gallons, and from the few miles I have ridden it, 550, it appears that the tank will have have over 1 gallon left when the computer reads 0 miles. The computer read 40 miles remaining and it took less than 5 gallons to fill the tank, over 50 miles to the gallon, again according to the onboard computer.

Miles to empty. There is no real "reserve" in BMW speak.

Au contraire, that unusable gas in the left side of the tank is definitely good for another 10 miles. A $5 hand siphon from Walmart that easily fits under the seat will do the job pretty easily. BTDT. One day I'll do 300 miles @ 75mph on a single tank.

that unusable gas in the left side of the tank is definitely good for another 10 miles.
Okay I'll give you that. But it's hardly a factory designed intentional reserve system. As in reach down and turn the petcock!

Archived