IGNORED

Aerostich Snaps

Ryan_R

The snap on the leg of my stich is broken. They have sent me a bag of new snaps, but no instructions on how to install them. Is a special tool needed for installation? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

--Ryan

I was going to say I could scan and email you the directions that came with my darien, but, I can't find them! Maybe, someone else has them? It's in the users manual (users manual for a jacket? yep)

good luck,

Jim

I've seen a tool for installing snaps at the local hardware store, in those drawers of nuts and bolts and odd parts, along with the snaps. It looks like the tool here:

snapinstallkit.jpg

However, I've installed snaps on a Roadcrafter with simple tools. Drill out the center part of the old snap to remove it. Put the two halves of the new snap into place. There should be a part in the center sticking through from the back to the front.

fasnapstudeyelet.jpg

The thing in the middle has to be flattened out and rolled over to hold the two halves together. I used a small hammer and a couple of punches to expand the middle part and flatten it out. The cap part works the same way.

Archived