IGNORED

R1150rt bmw radio

Jumangi

I got a bmw rt radio that I am installing in my bike, does any one know what the wiring is fot this radio, i know that the blue and yellow wires are for the speakers, but i have brown which I think is ground, followed by red\yellow a red, two purlple, and a gray

on red it says ant. amp.

red\yellow says back up

gray says Acc

purple wires says nothing on it

I also have a 4 digit radio code, what is that for and how do I use it, I have wired the radio with brown - to ground and red\yellow to power and I get nothing

can some one help??

I got a bmw rt radio that I am installing in my bike, does any one know what the wiring is fot this radio, i know that the blue and yellow wires are for the speakers, but i have brown which I think is ground, followed by red\yellow a red, two purlple, and a gray

on red it says ant. amp.

red\yellow says back up

gray says Acc

purple wires says nothing on it

I also have a 4 digit radio code, what is that for and how do I use it, I have wired the radio with brown - to ground and red\yellow to power and I get nothing

can some one help??

Going by your wire descriptions I would hook the "back up" wire to constant 12v +, the "ACC" wire to a switched power source, don't worry about the "ANT" wire. And yes the brown wire is gound. I don't know about the purple wire. Once you get it hooked up right you will need to enter the code. If you enter the wrong code you will have to push one of the scan buttons (I believe that right) to clear the wrong code before you can enter the right code.

Scroll down to my post here http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/443066/page/0/fpart/2/vc/1 . It is a post about hooking up a headphone jack to the factory radio, but I list the wire colors and what they are. The factory radio uses floating grounds which means you cannot hook all the grounds together. It's posible that your radio also uses floating grounds so keep that in mind. If you have an official BMW/Blaubunct/Clarion radio, it should just plug right in to the wiring harness in the radio box. While you're in there you should follow my directions and install a headphone jack too. The radio is not much good over 60mph without using earphones. Good luck!

BTW on some radios, if you enter the wrong security code 3 times, you will have to wait 24hrs before trying again, this may or may not apply to your radio. dopeslap.gif

Archived