IGNORED

130 km/hr limit with side cases per Owner's manual,??

chrisz

While browsing the owner's manual I noticed that there is a speed limit of 130 km/hr when the side cases are mounted! What are the potential issues exceeding that speed? Here in Ontario on the 401 hwy the typical speed is at times 130 km/hr and greater.

Chris...

Wow! For a second I thought I was seeing MPH and was wondering what you had done to your RT to get it to run that as a sustained pace. tongue.gif

130 KPH + will normally not cause your cases to go bouncing down the road. Naturally, intact mounting points are assumed here. I've done many long days at that speed (and maybe just a tad bit higher blush.gif) without any problems at all.

chrisZ - there are also signs by the side of the road that say things like "65 MPH" - just ignore them all. Seriously - never had an ill effect from bombing down the road with side cases (or top case) attached.

Don't worry about it. It is just cover your butt stuff. I have had no problems running at speeds higher than that. For what its worth the aftermarket GIVI bags come with a warning not to exceed 120km/hr.

ShovelStrokeEd

My GPS has shown some 190 mph clockings as well. The speed you indicate is about 10 mph faster than any other RT. Maybe with no windscreen or bags and the rider tucked in. A real long downhill might help both with the GPS reading and the actual top speed. R1100RT has too much frontal area and not enough HP.

You needed pics of the tire fitment guide, pics of the tire profile and now you still have your opinion. It doesn't mean squat here. The guy had a question and I posted an answer to his thread. You only post to be , whatever.

ShovelStrokeEd

I'll be passing through the area on Monday or Tuesday.

If your RT can keep up with 1100S we can settle it easily. My S, if its running right, will pull right around that for a top speed and its geared quite a bit taller than your RT. Have you changed anything?

Lots of RT's here and no one that I can recall has ever claimed or indicated a top speed like that.

Hopefully you have your answer now, Chris. Assuming that's true, we'll move on lest we have to endure the Ed/Ron boxing match.

"Mommy, tell him to stay on his side of the car."

"Mommy, he looked out my window."

Archived