IGNORED

BT 020 giving some vibration

Eckhard Grohe

I recently fitted some BT 020's bias ply tires(have an LT rear wheel) to my RT and I notice a vibration that wasn't there before. There was some discussion on this earlier on but I don't remember the outcome. Any remember something about this?

I have no experience with these tires on BMWs but I went through plenty of them on my VFR. I never had any problems with vibration on the VFR. I would be suspicious that you got a bad tire or the wheels aren't balanced correctly. It is not impossible that the tire and bike combination don't like each other for some reason but I would tend to doub that. Having said that my VFR did not like Avons while other VFR owners seemed to be okay with them. Avon tires gave the VFR a nasty headshake.

I have run BT020-E for 40Kmiles on two different RTs. I have never noticed vibration with them, but that may just be familarity as the only other tyre I have used was an Avon Azaro which, when worn, sounded like a failed wheel bearing. Bad balance seems a possiblity.

Cya, Andy thumbsup.gif

Archived