IGNORED

GS 1200 Fuel Failure Again

twisty

My 1200GS has 26000 Kms on it (one Year) and the fuel modulator which is located in the top left of the fuel tank has filled with water and failed for the third time-----anyone know of a solution to the prpblem---I can't trust this bike anymore --bmw sure created a serious problem on this model. twisty confused.gif

My 1200GS has 26000 Kms on it (one Year) and the fuel modulator which is located in the top left of the fuel tank has filled with water and failed for the third time-----anyone know of a solution to the prpblem---I can't trust this bike anymore --bmw sure created a serious problem on this model. twisty confused.gif

Don't know if your bike has it or not but I believe there has been a recall and a fix for this out for a while now. Check with your service department.

Mark is right. There was a recall last year to cure this by fitting a new seal. I had fuel pump failure quite early on for the same reason but no problems after the mod. Also I have not noticed any reports on the UKGSer site recently (where it used to be a common issue).

So the mod seems to work. Get it checked out though I am surprised your dealer has not already done this if you have had 2 failures already. Maybe your bike was outside the VIN numbers recalled for some reason.

Paul

My GS was recalled and fit with a new seal about 2 mos. ago. Apparently the damage to the electronics had already been done,having been ridden for a year with the faulty seal. A few weeks ago,my fuel pump failed, and was replaced under warrantee. I posted my story here, under GS failure, and a gentleman from mexico reported it was a common problem there, and most riders put a bead of silicone around it to prevent further water ingress. Check out my post,it may be helpful to contact him about his fix.Good luck-Frank

thanks fellows---I was assurred the problem was fixed in Fredricksburg VA last August---My dealer re-fixed the problem as result of the recall in June this year--I put 12,000 kms on it since and total letdown again--supposed to be fixed again----will see----Twisty

Archived