IGNORED

Anyone using Caberg Justimmo helmet?

George Westcott

George Westcott

Wondering if anyone has working knowledge or know of someone with working knowledge of the Caberg Justimmo helmet. On paper, at least, it looks comparable to the Concept helmet; flip front, tinted second visor, etc. I am wondering if it is as cool or cooler, fit, finish, etc.

At just about half the cost of the Concept, seems like a fine choice. I am happy with my Concept, but when it needs replacing, not looking forward to the big price increase from when I bought mine.

Thanks.

I bought two of them for me and the misses. My regular helmet is an Arai RX-7 but I bought these for 2 up on the RT. Quality is very good and the helmet is reasonably quiet. My only problem is that the interior is not as nice as the Arai, especially around the ears. I paid $ 525 for the 2 and feel I got my money's worth. Nice helmet

Well I have one, don't use it though. I also thought it was a worthy replacement for my Concept, which replaced a Shoei Duotec. It isn't.

The tinted visor is really nice. It is bigger than the C1 with better coverage.

That's were the good points end. The clear shield leaks water and air like no ones business. The flip front appears to be very weak. The customer service from the distributor is dismal. When I complained about the leaking, I had to send it back (on my dime) where they installed a strip of felt to the helmet to stop it. With in 2 hours it was dangling inside the helmet hitting me in the eyes. When I complained again, my emails were ignored and phone calls were not returned.

I have a friend that crash tested one last year going to the RA rally. He blames his brain bleed on the hinge that was shoved into his skull.

It is a great idea but is not produced to the level of a "safe" helmet. I feel that this is not a good helmet at any price.

Just my experiance with the Caberg Justimmo aka Jarrow X-2

They look good on paper. I tried one of the correct size on in the dealers and I could roll it off my head without even undoing the strap. Felt like there was a lack of fit to the lower head due the shape of the inside.

Rgds .. Hughie

R1150RS

We had two as well. Fit and finish weren't as good, it wasn't as beefy as a Schuberth and they are pretty noisey. I went back to full face and the wife to Schuberth right before GBM crash tested his - I'm glad we switched back.

George Westcott

Thanks all for the info. I guess spending $400-500 on a new Concept when the time arrives is better than spending $300 on the Caberg, then the $400-500 on the Concept anyway.

Sometimes, you just need to ask these things, great thing about these boards.

I have two of them (now replaced by Concept2) and they both developed yellowing to the visor in sun light frown.gif.

Ahh, the photo-sensitive glare reducing feature eh? grin.gifgrin.gif

Cya, Andy thumbsup.gif

The thing that caught my eye with this helmet is the sliding tinted visor. Is it large enough to fit over glasses (small to medium in size)? Thanks.

David

I did buy Justissimo after using Nolan flip ups for 4 years. I have also used a schuberth flip up renting RT in Europe(helmet was included in the rental)

I found Justissimo to be quieter than both Schub and Nolan. It also is lighter.

The only issue I have with it is, in heavy rain it leaks a bit and affects vision. With a thin weather strip, the problem is resolved (Thanks to Peter & Denise at Lone Star BMW in town for tipping me on this solution)

Overall, I love this helmet and I wish I discovered it earlier....

Archived