IGNORED

RT shocks

Urban Surfer

I have an 03 RT with 33,000 kilometers. When will I need new shocks? Seems I have either out grown them or they are getting sloppy. What do Ohlins cost? Are they adjustable? Can I adjust them, and are they easy to install?

I have an 03 RT with 33,000 kilometers. When will I need new shocks? Seems I have either out grown them or they are getting sloppy. What do Ohlins cost? Are they adjustable? Can I adjust them, and are they easy to install?

I replaced mine at 35,000 miles.

Cost is 1,200.00 USD don't know what it would be across the line. Yes, they are adjustable...Yes you can adjust them, and Yes you can install them.

If there is a 'tax' for getting them to you.... plan a trip south and install, ride north...

Last year I taught I needed a new rear shock. Actually I found a post indicating that you can add oil to the ajuster/shock. I did and the ride was like new... thumbsup.gif

I tried to locate the original post with no luck confused.gif may be someone has the original information somewhere

I wil try to explain ... from memory...

unscrew the ajuster cap as you can... less pressure; unscrew the ajuster from the frame, flip the ajuster upside down; disconnect the oil tube from the base of the ajuster; using a stick (rigid, not breakable with a soft tip) push the internal cylinder as far as you can. fill it up with oil ( I used oil jack/lift which is light) then reassemble the reverse way... and voila!

Here's a link to a 3-page thread last year:

Rear Shock pre-load oil

It's easy to do, took about 10-15 minutes. My preload adjuster knob was frozen solid, but I broke it loose, cleaned it up and refilled the reservoir...worked great, tightened up the rear suspension considerably.

Archived