IGNORED

? about recovering a Comfort seat in leather

GaryIF

I've been researching the possibility of getting the seat for my '03 (Comfort seat) recovered in leather for two reasons:

- Breathability of leather and, therefore, comfort improvement in hot weather

- Leather's better ability to conform to one's butt than vinyl

I'm otherwise satisfied with the seat and am not prepared (yet) to plunk down a huge chunk of dough for a BMS, Corbin, etc. Has anyone had such a recovering done and, if so, was it worth it?

Thanks.

I think it's an excellent idea, hope it works out good! Count your blessings as you are one of the select elite few who can ride more than 100 miles with the stock seat. I bought a used Sargent seat (on this very board) and couldn't be happier. The general concensus was a Sargent seat sucked but it just fits me wonderfully. I even took off my high-way pegs because of it. Let us know how things turn out.

I purchased a Comfort seat (front & rear) leather covered a few months ago, however, I found the comfort to be about the same as the original covering. In my opinion, not worth the cost! Also, with the leather, you must protect it from the rain. I sold the seat.

"with the leather, you must protect it from the rain"

What? I have been riding a leather seat on my Harley for 86,000 miles with LOTS of rain. I never did anything special to it, 'cept wipe it dpwn once amd a while with conditioner and dry it when it was wet...

I must have gotten lucky and recived leather from the outdoor cows clap.gifclap.gif

Archived