IGNORED

Fog Light Bulbs

bugsquawsher

will anything melt
Yes.

Well... "maybe." Overall I'd say it's a poor idea. The plastic of the ($600) headlight ass'y may not take the higher heat, and the wiring of the ($1200) wiring harness may not take the higher current.

will anything melt
Yes.

Well... "maybe." Overall I'd say it's a poor idea. The plastic of the ($600) headlight ass'y may not take the higher heat, and the wiring of the ($1200) wiring harness may not take the higher current.

Hmmm

Ok I'll stick to the Wimpy ass 55s that Keep burning out.

THe last one I put in lasted all of Two days.

Musta got a bad one.

will anything melt
Yes.

Ditto that. Two alternatives to consider:

- Better quality 55 watt H3 bulb (e.g., Sylvania/OSRAM Silverstar or the overpriced PIAA xtreme white). Cost is $20 or so per bulb, depending upon brand and retailer/e-tailer

- Aftermarket auxilliary lights (e.g., Hella FF50, a great buy, or Motolights fork/caliper lights, very pricey at $350 but I took the plunge and have enjoyed every dollar spent).

Jerry Johnston

On my 96RT it's a H4 I used a 55/100 watt that lasted for eight years befor the 55watt section burned out. I had no problems but used the hi-beam very little. I hardly ever drive at night and it was too bright for the person riding in front of me. If you always lead, I guess you don't need to worry about that.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm

Musta got a bad one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe it is imperative that you don't touch the bulbs because the oil from your fingers can cause them to burn out quickly. Since your replaced bulbs don't last long I wonder if that might be some advice that could be useful.

Quote:

Hmmm

Musta got a bad one.

I believe it is imperative that you don't touch the bulbs because the oil from your fingers can cause them to burn out quickly. Since your replaced bulbs don't last long I wonder if that might be some advice that could be useful.

Thanks for the Advice

although I was Very Carefull not to touch the bulb

I'm wondering

when My left one went out, I just bought two Bulbs and kept the spare in the empty radio compartment.

All that bouncing around Might have weakened it.

Or

I just got a bad one.

I have a new one again. Just gotta strip the bike again to put it in dopeslap.gif

Archived