IGNORED

Our other family

Boffin

This weekend saw an article published in a UK newspaper that described the motorcycling community as a second family. Linky

This description resonated with my experiences - and not just because I am one of the ex-servicemen on the 6-poiter ride cited in the article.

I was wondering if this feeling of family translates to the US motorcycle scene.

ANdy

It does to an extent, but having about 70 times the land mass of England, it's hard to have the physical closeness one would expect of the words "family." Still, when I see others enjoying their bikes, I feel a kinship because I can relate to the experience.

I like it, and can certainly identify with some of what she's saying, especially after I broke down during my 50CC.

This community of people is closer to the fore in many of my thoughts that at least one of my blood relations.

With the size of the land and the number of riders here in the USA it would be a very diverse and large family. Also in time of need it often happened that a rider in trouble was helped by riders of a completely different style.

OTOH I first said it when my bike's rear drive died in Whistler BC, with the help and offers of help I received, that bmwsporttouring.com is more than family, it is a brotherhood!

Thanks for sharing and a very worthy read. Outside my parents and now Laura, I have nobody that I consider to be closer than some of you in here. The others are as tight as any cousin I have and I look forward to hearing all of the great stories everyone shares in here.

Although Ive not met anyone on BMSWT as of yet, there is most definitely a very strong bond or connection between many or most of the members on this site. BMWST is my only experience with MC riders and I would hope that outside of this forum and in general one rider would lend a helping hand to another.

Archived