IGNORED

BMW System V helmet question...

MightNotBeThere

MightNotBeThere

While I was in England recently I bought a System V helmet. I like it VERY much, probably the quietest helmet I've ever owned - and that is quite a few now, including RF900s and suchlike from Arai & Shoei. Way better that the System III which I had and hated so much I skipped the System IV!

Here's the question: I forgot to buy some dark or iridium visors while I was there - probably because there were none on display as I understand they are now sort of off-road only.

Does anyone have any ideas where I could find tinted or coated repalcement visors, please?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

MightNotBeThere

Thanks very much! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

I just placed an order with them, so we'll see what happens....

For anyone else on the same quest, be aware that AFTER you place your order, you get an e-mail saying that their place is closed until 26th September as they are out riding around Normandy... Sounds like the sort of job I want!

Thanks again,

Alex

PS At $99 including postage, this isn't an economy measure... frown.gif

While I was in England recently I bought a System V helmet.......

Alex

Alex - I would like to do the same thing. I heard somewhere that the UK dealers won't sell a System V unless you give them a UK address and if you use a credit card, it must also have a UK billing address. I believe I heard this about the fancy BMW car/motorcycle shop on Park Lane in London, so it may be specific to that shop only. Was that your experience? Thanks in advance for your comments.

Brian

MightNotBeThere

I just walked into a BMW dealership and bought a helmet - easy as that. No questions about where or what address even though I paid with a US credit card...

It was also quite resonably priced too, although I forget the exact $ amount - certainly less than my last Arai.

I'd heard that the dealers wouldn't sell a helmet to someone with a foreign address, so I went with a friend who was prepared to buy it for me, but it wasn't necessary.

Good luck!

Alex

PS If you think there's going to be a problem, announce to the sales guy right up front that you are going to be in Europe for four months, have a loaner bike from a brother in law and need a helmet. All of which is completely true, isn't it?

MightNotBeThere

By the way, just got another e-mail from the dark visor people - apparently some unlucky b*gger is still in the shop, not swanning around Normandy, so the visor will be shippe dout in the morning.

They sound like good people...

Alex

Archived