IGNORED

NGK 2nd plug for Dual plug 1150s ?

jalal

Hi there,

My '04 1150RT is ready for a 24K tune-up. It has been running really good, but the secondary plugs are really fouled up (black, greasy) when compared to the primary ones.

When I did the 12K maitenance, I put in the BMW recomended ones: Bosch YR6LDE. I would like to try something else and see if it works any better. I usually like to go with NGK plugs in all my rigs, they seem to work better than other brands and last forever. Do any of you have the part number for an NGK plug that would work as a secondary plug ?

thanks!

PS. local BMW dealer wants about $40 for a set of 4 plugs, sounds kind of steep, no ?

If your '04 is like my dual-plugged '02, then the ceramic insulator is dry, the way it should be. The oil accumulation only occurs on the steel shell and (at least, on my bike) does not have a detrimental effect. And it happens with ANY brand plug that you use.

My bike doesn't use any abnormal amount of oil, runs very good, and has exhibited this characteristic since I converted it to dual plugs, so I'm assuming that it's "normal". I've had to force myself to ignore it. grin.gif

Pat

I found that a red rooster auto parts store had a ngk plug book that listed my 2004rt 1150 and it showed the ngk plug for both holes, it also show the # to cross ref most other brand plugs, all the other auto parts stores I checked did not have the latest year book. I found autolite plugs to work good in my bike. Clint.

Hi there,

My '04 1150RT is ready for a 24K tune-up. It has been running really good, but the secondary plugs are really fouled up (black, greasy) when compared to the primary ones.

When I did the 12K maitenance, I put in the BMW recomended ones: Bosch YR6LDE. I would like to try something else and see if it works any better. I usually like to go with NGK plugs in all my rigs, they seem to work better than other brands and last forever. Do any of you have the part number for an NGK plug that would work as a secondary plug ?

thanks!

PS. local BMW dealer wants about $40 for a set of 4 plugs, sounds kind of steep, no ?

I have NGK Iridiums...

Primary= BKR7EIX NGK pn2667

Secondary= DCPR7EIX NGK pn6046. I went 1 heat range hotter because I did not like the look of the sec plug either. The 7s look better than the Bosch OEMs I went with for the first 4200mi.

Standard NGKs would be BKR7EKC pri and DCPR8-(or 7)EKC secondary.

You can get the Iridiums in two days at AdvanceAuto. 7 bux apiece....

Archived