IGNORED

Roadcrafter Sizing Help

BabyCow

Can some of the taller members give me some advice on the 48L or 50L Roadcrafter. I wish to buy one and want some sizing help. I am 6'4" tall, amd depending on my weight I wear anything from a 44L to a 46L/48L in a suit (towards the higher figure at the moment if u know what I mean grin.gif) I have no real stomach/gut but my chest measurement of around 46 is only say 4-6" bigger than my waist. I am leaning towards the 50L but I do not want it to be too baggy when wearing very little under the suit, but have enough room to wear say draggin jeans and a fleece or an atlantis suit underneath when the weather is very average (cold and raining). Is there much difference in size between a 48L and 50L with regards to everything i.e chest, waist and inseam etc. Thanks for any help thumbsup.gif

Are you buying the one piece or two piece? I just sent my first two piece back for a different size. I am 6' 4" and 250 lbs. The first suite I ordered was 48L pants and jacket the same. Sent those back now waiting on Jacket 48L with 4" expansion as with the two piece the largest they come in is 48L. New pants will be 46L as the waist was to large for me. Good luck you might get it right the first time.

John Ranalletta

I bought a used 2pc, sz 44. I wore a 44 sport coat, but the 44 Stitch w/ hip pads installed was very, very, very snug. My choice was to give up a almost new Stitch that I got for $400 bucks or lose weight. It was easier to drop 20 pounds than pass up a deal.

Well if you live in Oz, you want to make sure it fits to avoid the hassle of sending it back.

This is what I did...

I sent Aerostich a pair of mechanics coveralls that fit me and told them to match the suit up.

It worked like a charm. Oh, and don't forget to tell them you want the coveralls back.

i am 6'2" and i just ordered a roadcrafter. i have a 32"inseam and i am a 48long. i called aerostitch and they are sending me a jacket and pants to try. after i put them on and sit on the bike they told me to give them a call for sizing help, then send them back the suit they sent me and they will send me my jacket and pants. hope this helps

call them. they size these things every day.

BINGO!

I spent almost 1.5 hours there getting mine sized. You NEED to involve them in this process. They really know what they are doing.

Shawn

Just to clarify I am seeking info on the one piece. Thank you

With an actual chest measurement of 46 and 6'4" tall, I'd say you need a 48 tall and will still have a bit of room for layering. Of course if you're very long in the torso you may need some custom fitting for the one piece. Call them and see what they say.

I'm 6', 44-45 chest, 36 waist, and even with a small gut I'm comfortable in a size 46 regular one piece suit. I tried on a 48 reg and it was baggy in the chest and a tad long on me. I don't worry much about heavy layering for winter as I have warmer riding gear for very cold conditions.

call them. they size these things every day.

BINGO!

I spent almost 1.5 hours there getting mine sized. You NEED to involve them in this process. They really know what they are doing.

Shawn

their staff is so small that they never travel to even huge venues (like bike week in daytona/only 2.5 hours from me)

i really wish they would

now, i know they have all the business they can handle... and even more but i would be happy to plunk down the change for the 1-piece suit I'VE ALWAYS WANTED if only i could have them fit it personally.

a while back we all joked about some big trip to their headquarters in Duluth.

why can't they come to florida JUST ONCE?

greg

Archived