IGNORED

Article In Latest Road Runner Magazine

marcopolo

For those who read Road Runner, there's an article in the December 09 edition on Central Sierra Nevada and Yosemite. Ten pages of text and pictures.

Can't wait for the mailman to show up!

Dave, I thought you'd have known all about it; you could have written it, no doubt.

• 1 month later...
CoarsegoldKid
Thanks for posting the pictures, Bill!!! I absolutely CAN'T WAIT as I've never ridden out west,

Registration and room reservation complete!

It just sucks riding around here. NOT. Bring plenty of fluids with you on your day rides. July can be warm. You'll have a great time.

Thanks for posting the pictures, Bill!!! I absolutely CAN'T WAIT as I've never ridden out west,

It just sucks riding around here. NOT. Bring plenty of fluids with you on your day rides. July can be warm. You'll have a great time.

I know, its absolutely horrible to have the Sierra mountains right in your own backyard.....

AdventurePoser

You are gonna love the Sierras...Topaz Lake is the epicenter of some epic passes. Stop often, take lots of pictures, eat at the way cool little delis, and in general have a wonderful time!

Best,

Steve in So Cal

You are gonna love the Sierras...Topaz Lake is the epicenter of some epic passes. Stop often, take lots of pictures, eat at the way cool little delis, and in general have a wonderful time!

Best,

Steve in So Cal

This is starting to sound better and better! I may need to take another week of vacation time! :thumbsup:

This is bringing back memories. We lived on the Monterey peninsula for 6 years, and did a lot of riding/driving in this area. The only better rides, in my experience, have been the Icefields Parkway in Canada, and the highway between Haines Junction, YT and Haines, AK. I'm starting to get really interested in a cross-country ride next summer.

This is bringing back memories. We lived on the Monterey peninsula for 6 years, and did a lot of riding/driving in this area. The only better rides, in my experience, have been the Icefields Parkway in Canada, and the highway between Haines Junction, YT and Haines, AK. I'm starting to get really interested in a cross-country ride next summer.

I did the Icefields Parkway in a car about 20 years ago and would love to go back up there on a motorcycle!

Hope to see you at the next UN! :thumbsup:

Memorial Day weekend 2005 I rode up to the 49r Rally in Sonora, CA.

CampSiteAtSonora-1.jpg

I took off the next morning instead of hanging around the campsite and explored Yosemite.

RTatYosimite-1.jpg

SequoiaAtYosimite-1.jpg

YosimiteFalls-1.jpg

The following Day, I explored the Sonora Pass, Lake Tahoe, and then returned to Los Angeles.

HowDeepWasThisInWinter.jpg

RTatSonoraPass-1.jpg

SnowAtSonora-1.jpg

RTatLakeTahoe-1.jpg

What a weekend of riding! Unforgettable!

Oh, and I did pass through the town of CoarseGold on my way up to Yosemite. That (Yosemite, not CoarseGold, although the latter is gorgeous as well) is the most beautiful place I have ever traveled to on a motorcycle. It was a spiritual experience!

Oh man, my timing was unreal. California had record rains that winter, so when I got to Yosemite, the locals were telling me that the falls were more spectacular than they had been in quite some time.

The whole region is magical. I'll never forget that weekend; Yosemite was breathtaking, the Sonora Pass was life changing, and Lake Tahoe, was, well, a lake. I have seen Lake Tahoe featured in many movies and TV shows, so I wanted to see it for myself. When I got there, I was a bit underwhelmed. OK, so I've been to Lake Tahoe, duly noted...:Cool:

I do lament not passing through the Tioga Pass. That Memorial Day weekend, there was so much snow up in the higher elevations that the Tioga Pass wasn't even open to traffic yet. I wanted to see that area as well as Mono Lake, Lee Vining, and maybe even the Mammoth Lakes. Never made it over there :cry:

Problem with reading all of this is I'm not sure I can wait until July .... this working/job crap is a royal pain in the arse ...

oh yeah, but it does help pay for the toys and trips

I do lament not passing through the Tioga Pass. That Memorial Day weekend, there was so much snow up in the higher elevations that the Tioga Pass wasn't even open to traffic yet. I wanted to see that area as well as Mono Lake, Lee Vining, and maybe even the Mammoth Lakes. Never made it over there :cry:

It is never to late! Start planning your trip now! :thumbsup:

Archived