IGNORED

R1200RT radio country code re-set.

pigtrotters

For all of you people that are having problems with the AM band of your radio, this MAY be the fix for it. This is how you set the country code for the radio on the R1200RT.

Switch your radio on and then immediately press and hold down the 'MAN' button. Watch the screen (not the windscreen, the readout screen!! dopeslap.gif) and let it cycle through all the radio options. Keep holding down the MAN button until an 8 digit code comes up (radio serial number code). Once you get to there, use the seek button to see what country code you have. If its wrong, use the volume up/down button to change it. Once you have the correct one, turn the radio off and turn it on again so it can re-set itself.

Thats it.

All I know is that Australia is set as 'Oceania'. I saw USA and Japan there plus a few others that remain a mystery, just play around and see what you get.

You can start planning that foreign trip now knowing you will have music all the way.

clap.gifwink.gifthumbsup.gif

563569-Radio-1.jpg.a6d6b64aea711fe1cc8efb2500605004.jpg

i've checked on mine.

After the S/N number, a global cycle shows :

. SV 13.60

. SVOL = 3

. F14 Q15

. TP-V 0

. TOUT ON

and a new cycle.

My understanding :

SV is software version,

SVOL is the slope of the automatic volume adjsutement (linked with the bike speed). A small number means that the volume will be increased a little, a big number means that the volume will be increased a lot

F14 Q15 : F means the radio field strenght received by the tuner (a small number means a good reception). Q should be for the quality of the received signal (stereo ?)

TP-V : when there is traffic annoucement (european FM feature), this parameter will set the volume adjustement

TOUT (ON or OFF) : this is a complete mistery for me right now.

However, no country adjustment ! Does it mean that US product is different compared to the european one ? It seems.

Michel

After the code, press the seek button (the volume button) to the right once. Then press the volume button up once. It should move one country upwards. Keep pressing up one at a time and it will move through all the countries. So I hear though, not all radios have the function to change country codes.

Hope this helps.

Mister_Richard

Thanks Pigt!!!

I have a US spec bike I bought in London. According to BMW UK (and I have the email) they have told me I have a US spec radio and I would have to buy a new radio to get the European stations. I now know that is total nonsense. I have successfully reset the radio to "oceana" and it picks up all the odd AND even frequencies. On US spec it only picked up odd freqs i.e.. 105.3, 105.5, 105.7 etc. Most of the stations in London are even numbers. This has been my only complaint about the bike till now.

Again, a very big thanks for the post. BTW, how did you learn about this??

Richard

I tried the country code re-set and found the radio already set for the USA -- did not work and fails to receive a single AM channel, not one. FYI, my auto receives dozens of AM channels. I'll check with the dealer, however, I would love to hear from all those in FLA or elsewhere in the USA re AM reception. Cheers

I'm in the KC, MO area.. In town, the bike receives radio stations (there are 40 or more local KC area stations).. get 5 miles away from town, and I can't pull in but maybe one, am or fm..

Craig

Again, a very big thanks for the post. BTW, how did you learn about this??

I have a very good (friendly) local dealer that knows his onions and reads the sheets that the faderland sends him.

wink.gif

Archived