IGNORED

I can see!

Blue Beemer Dude

Blue Beemer Dude

I've been hanging around BMW forums and BBS's for quite a while, and I've always been amazed at how you (and you know who "you" is) folks can spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on these PIAA lights. What a bunch of morons! dopeslap.gif I can get perfectly good driving lights at Pep Boys for $30. grin.gif

A friend of mine who spends all of his time on eBay looking for farkles for his K-RS found an auction for a set of PIAA 1100x and a matching auction for the mounting brackets. Long story short, I made a deal with the seller for both and bought them. I unpacked the box, and a tangle of wires and various and sundry brackets, supports, screws, nuts and washers were soon scattered across my living room floor. I assumed that the seller was intimidated by the massive complexity and decided it was easier to just sell all the stuff rather than try and return it.

Tuesday evening I installed all that stuff. And went for a test ride. Oh mah gawd! ooo.gif What is this? Look, it's a road! I can actually see where I am going! Incredible stuff. I turned off the driving lights, and with the stock headlight it's as if I had put on my sunglasses and my tinted shield. Someone hand me my white cane please. frown.gif

Why didn't I do this years ago? dopeslap.gif

So, I hereby apologize for (silently) deriding all of you guys who raved about these lights for all those many years. I am ashamed and humbled before you. blush.gif

Oh, and those of you who haven't done this and have occasion to drive at night, what are you waiting for? Do it. thumbsup.gif

No graemlins were injured (or neglected) in the composition of this posting.

Michael

Archived