IGNORED

took the ERC today

lawnchairboy

lawnchairboy

overall a good course. Reminded me of the MSF basics again and mental MSF strategies which seemed to have changed a bit (at least the acronyms) since the last time I had an MSF course around 10 years ago. I found it a bit challenging to get into second gear within a 50 foot stretch without also exceeding 20mph and only wished the range that we were on was a bit larger for that reason. An good day, not at my desk or in the OR, 75 degrees, sunny, free training... yeah, I can do this... met a fellow board member to boot.

Chris, I did the same thing about a month ago. I know exactly what you mean about getting into second gear. Definitely a worthwhile day as you said.

just told a buddy of mine here at work today what an INCREDIBLE day it was yesterday to ride ... I'm with Chris though, only wish it would have been more riding in gears 3-6 instead of 1 and 2!!!

Really glad I took the course though ... do feel more confident on my RT at slow speeds.

It's been many years since I took the ERC. A refresher couldn't hurt. I liked being critiqued by an instructor. Our "range" was a college parking lot filled with tar snakes. It was a hot day and you could feel them give as we did tight circles and swerves. I knew I should look where I wanted to go but couldn't help looking down at the front wheel to see where the snake was.

I also learned if you bring an airhead with to class, you'd best disable the headlight or run the risk of running your battery flat. At the end of the day I had to bump start it to get home. Too much starter use and not enough road speed revs to recharge.

Archived