IGNORED

Techclusion

johnv1

I have a 2004 R1150RT, with the price of a techlusion at $100 (military) I wonder exactly this will do for me. I do not seem to have a surging problem, but a buzzing in the bars in the lower gears.

What can I expect this product to do ??

thanks johnv dopeslap.gif

ShovelStrokeEd

Cost you $100.

The vibration you feel can be improved by a careful throttle body synch, although some will remain at all speeds. It is a twin after all, and the motor is not rubber mounted.

Also you can expect it to decrease your fuel mileage.

Not to take anything away from the Techlusion, it really is a good product on a R bike with surging issues. It's just that it should be a solution of last resort. When all else falls.

If you, "do not seem to have a surging problem" you don't need one.

Ride, enjoy.

Hi JohnV. Seems like every time I speak up about the Techlusion I unleash a fury of flames, but here goes.

I have a '96 R850R, with D&D exhaust, and no surging problem. I installed (10 min) a Techlusion just because I wanted some "tuning"-like control. (used to play around jetting my RZ350....). Well, I REALLY like the Techlusion. I hear comments like "not needed" or "last resort", or "band-aid fix" alot in reference to the TL, but what about just for fun??!!?? I think it really helped my bikes' acceleration response (noticably!!), and with the pipes, and oiled foam air socks, it will rolling wheelie in 2nd!! And yes, you will suffer 2-3 mpg drop, but heck, that's not why I have the R850, nor is it why I ride. (or else I would have a 150cc scooter...)

So, I say, for $100, GO FOR IT!! You will be able to tune and tweak to your heart's content (very easily...). And, if you don't like it, you can sell it EASY for your $100.

OK, let the slams begin....

I had one on my R11RT for a while (it's for sale...). I spent a lot of time adjusting it and could smooth out one range, but cause a problem somewhere else. When I finally found a compromise, I noticed the plugs seemed to be getting carbon build up--running too rich. I finally took it off.

I think the bottom line on why there is such a variation of opinion is that it really doesn't make all that big a difference. The little nuances that drive some people crazy are not even noticed by others. If it made a huge difference, everyone would be buying them.

From my experience, stick with Ed's suggestion, tune it up right and go ride.

Archived