IGNORED

New Motor Instructor

swilson

Congrats!

I always wanted to know, how hard is it to get those motors to follow directions?

It can be hard enough to get the people to do that.

:grin:

Had to share... I just completed Motor Instructor School!

Feel sorry for you... now you have to deal with idiots like me in your classes... )))

Grats on your accomplishment...

Regards -

-Bob

Had to share... I just completed Motor Instructor School!

Feel sorry for you... now you have to deal with idiots like me in your classes... )))

Grats on your accomplishment...

Regards -

-Bob

I think you understood Scott wrong. He completed motor instructor school to teach rookie motor cops as well as certify in-service motor cops during quarterly training. ERC training will have to wait until after he retires.

Difficult responsibility for Scott will be to tell a wanna-be motor they don't have it and they need to return to car cop duty.

Difficult responsibility for Scott will be to tell a wanna-be motor they don't have it and they need to return to car cop duty.

As hard as that is, it's easier than calling paramedics out to the training site and later visiting the student in the hospital when things go really wrong... which I've already had the misfortune of doing. (front wheel lock during emergency braking exercise)

As hard as that is, it's easier than calling paramedics out to the training site and later visiting the student in the hospital when things go really wrong... which I've already had the misfortune of doing. (front wheel lock during emergency braking exercise)

No ABS??

I think you understood Scott wrong. He completed motor instructor school to teach rookie motor cops as well as certify in-service motor cops during quarterly training. ERC training will have to wait until after he retires.

Yep... you are correct... thought he was dealing with the rest of us... but no worries... I suspect he will have his share anyways... )))

Regards -

-Bob

Could be worse...

The significant other (think it was his girl friend) of one of the course instructors during my class was checking out one of the buells and practicing the next exercise for the demonstration before we were to perform it (the class was taking a break)... she overshot the turn, hit the curb and ended up with her spleen being removed in emergency surgery that evening...

They decided to end the riding part of the training for the day and immediately moved inside for the last of the classroom training... and part of that training we discussed what happened...

Of course... it got interesting as they had just finished loading her into the ambulance when a couple people came running out of the back of the store yelling for the paramedics to come quick because one of the customers had just dropped to the floor with a heart attack... Their fast response saved his life, so 2 were transported to the hospital that day, although the paramedics did call another ambulance to take care of the heart attack victim transportation once they had him somewhat stabilized...

Regards -

-Bob

No ABS??

Yup! His agency sent him to school on a pre-ABS Harley Road Glide.

My agency adopted an unwritten policy that our riders will no longer do emergency braking training on non-ABS motorcycles. For our instructors, if we hear the ABS activate its a failed attempt. ABS activation is not as noticeable as a locked wheel, but SO MUCH safer for the trainees. Its easy to listen for the ABS activation on our 1150GSP training bikes, but harder to detect on our new 1200RTPs with the newer version of ABS.

There are still a lot of agencies in our area who are riding older non-ABS bikes for duty bikes.

Count me in that group riding a non-ABS '03 HD FLHP. California LEO budgets being what they are these days, there is no hurry to buy new bikes with ABS.

03'? I hope hope you don't share your bike! Nearby dept still using 00'. I hope they get new bikes soon!

Congrats on the class. I'm jealous!

Archived