IGNORED

A new ambassador of the board - Eddd

Firefight911

Every so often, it just seems that there is someone on this board who seems to pop to the forefront of what makes this place so special. A person who puts himself or herself out there in the most selfless of ways.

There is no doubt that we have that person based on recent events.

He selflessly changed his plans to go aid a fallen rider's family and friends while searching for him - Donald Masters

While enjoying the day amongst friends in Torrey, Jan (Twisties) tries to emulate an X Games freestyle motorcyclist and fractures his leg. He is there to render aid, help get the patient (whining and all!) packaged and transported, and then drives 100's of miles to deliver his bikes to his home from Torrey to Salt Lake City and then returns to handle his own things. Torrey Check In

From a life of service as a volunteer fire firefighter and a chief to a life of retirement where nothing has changed. When the bells go off, he's there! He responds, selflessly, and with no expectation of compensation or glory.

Eddd , you're a good man. You make the world better and you make this board better. Thanks for being someone I, along with this entire board, call friend.

He'll take the humble road on this but know that you are loved and appreciated for who you are and what you do and for the example you give.

Thank You Ambassador!!

Now if we could just get him to adhere to the 2009 mandate. Ed is a wonderful person who I treasure to call friend. Laura on the way home from Torrey said the same thing about how he is a good soul.

+1

+1 to all this.

And, selfishly, I'll add that in Ouray he introduced me to the Yamaha TW200, one of which has become Heidi's new ride. And she loves it.

For all you do, thanks Ed! :thumbsup:

From all I have heard about Ed he is the farkle none of us should be without. Haven't met him in person, but already know he's special. Thanks Ed, for all you do.

I guess we've all thought it but thanks for saying it Phil.

I'm sure Eddd is embarrassed to be reading these comments but he'll get over it. Thanks Eddd for setting the bar so high for the rest of us!

Just hope he doesn't see the tally of all that he does and says it is too much... )))

Seriously... from what I have seen on the boards... he does a lot... and I am sure that all the recipients are very thankful that he is out there...

Regards -

-Bob

I bet we don't know the half of it.

I just mentioned on FB I was gonna have a personal Orange(KTM) Tech Day. Within minutes eddd called and was on his way to help. When Bakersdonuts called from Bicknel with a dead electrical system I got Killer for his truck/trailer and eddd cause he doesn't like to be left out of a rescue mission.

The last thing eddd said to me in Torrey was that if I needed any help..........

The world is a better place cause of eddd.

BTW.......Y'all ain't surprised are ya......he lives in Texas.

:thumbsup:

skinny_tom (aka boney)

You can take the man out of the firehouse, but you can't take the firehouse out of the man.

Sorry Whip, but firemen know no boundaries. It doesn't matter where he's from.

You can take the man out of the firehouse, but you can't take the firehouse out of the man.

True. Besides, he's from Wisconsin anyways--he just got stuck in Texas like so many other lost souls! :grin:

I'd go into some more details about how he's such an awesome guy, but I'm afraid that if he's gotten this far he might just explode trying to reign-in his modesty. :Wink:

Hi! Mr. Ambassador! :wave:

True. Besides, he's from Wisconsin anyways--he just got stuck in Texas like so many other lost souls! :grin:

Not everyone is lucky enough to be born there, but I'm sure Ed got there as fast as he could.

:grin:

I am an enthusiastic member of the eddd fannn clubbb!!!

A dear man with a huge heart whose main lookout is to be of service to others.

This board could ask for no better ambassador.

Thank you eddd!!!

Nice n Easy Rider
I am an enthusiastic member of the eddd fannn clubbb!!!

A dear man with a huge heart whose main lookout is to be of service to others.

This board could ask for no better ambassador.

Thank you eddd!!!

+1. Hope I get to meet you sometime soon. :)

No offense was intended.

The need to help others is a natural instinct of every firemen I know.

I've been unpacking and finally got time to catch up on the board posts. Then I came across this.

I've been writing and rewriting this response for a long time, trying to find the right words.

While I appreciate the kind words, I know the board is full of people that quietly go about their lives helping and serving others. I can think of so many examples of board members who are so willing to give, so willing to help. We all can name many who fall into this category.

I'm just very happy to be associated with such a wonderful group, and glad to be able to call you friends. I'm also embarrassed by the recognition. I was just in the right place place at the right time with the time and equipment to be of service...doing nothing more than what so many others would have been willing to do.

I was just in the right place place at the right time with the time and equipment to be of service...doing nothing more than what so many others would have been willing to do.

You have just happened to be in the right place at the right time so MANY different times though...

and this is from what I have noticed being a short-timer on the boards...

Regards -

-Bob

I've been unpacking and finally got time to catch up on the board posts. Then I came across this.

I've been writing and rewriting this response for a long time, trying to find the right words.

While I appreciate the kind words, I know the board is full of people that quietly go about their lives helping and serving others. I can think of so many examples of board members who are so willing to give, so willing to help. We all can name many who fall into this category.

I'm just very happy to be associated with such a wonderful group, and glad to be able to call you friends. I'm also embarrassed by the recognition. I was just in the right place place at the right time with the time and equipment to be of service...doing nothing more than what so many others would have been willing to do.

Whatever.....

BTW.....I need to go to Detroit in a few weeks and go through my grandmothers house.........ya busy????

:rofl:

BTW.....I need to go to Detroit in a few weeks and go through my grandmothers house.........ya busy????

I'm not....oH - wAIT a sec....yes, I am.!

Yo Eddd - same from me as from all the others -- you da mandingo.!

Whatever.....

:rofl:

My new tires will be here Tuesday. I'll be ready to go by Wednesday...just let me know.

Archived