IGNORED

Waterproof lightweight gloves

Albert

Recently I spent a day riding in the rain with temps around 60. I generally use a pair of leather roper gloves when the temperatures aren't too cold so they (obviously) got soaked. No big deal but I did start wondering if anyone has a preferred textile glove that provides waterproofing without being overly warm (I have waterproof cold weather gloves). Frankly I've had very poor luck over the years finding lightweight gloves that are comfortable with the exception of my old standby leather ropers. Any success stories? TIA

The best solution I have found is the Aerostich triple dig rain covers. They are absolutely waterproof (but eventually, rain will run down your sleeve and into the gauntlet. I usually carry two pairs of lightweight gloves; when one gets soaked, I switch to the other. Stop at a fast food restaurant, and use the hand dryer in the bathroom to dry out the wet pair.

I have the Rev'it Zenith H2O summer gloves. The were put to the test this past Saturday and did not leak at all. My only complaint is that the liner tends to bunch up when you remove them while wet making them a little difficult to put on.

Al, after many years of trying different light weight waterproof gloves I keep going back to wearing a pair of heavy duty rubber dishwashing gloves over my light weight riding gloves.. Those things come with large long cuffs that seal well over my coat or rain coat sleeve,, are TOTALLY waterproof,, are cheap,, are bright colored,, come in many sizes,, & seem to work well as riding glove covers..

Twisty

The best solution I have found is the Aerostich triple dig rain covers. They are absolutely waterproof (but eventually, rain will run down your sleeve and into the gauntlet. I usually carry two pairs of lightweight gloves; when one gets soaked, I switch to the other. Stop at a fast food restaurant, and use the hand dryer in the bathroom to dry out the wet pair.

I really like the triple digits. They pack really light, I always have them with me. My three piece universal solution is thin wool liners, lee parks deer tours, and the triple digits. That was all I needed on my RT with the heated grips. I'm back to non heated grips, and am considering gerbings for the really cold days. I don't have trouble with rain running down my sleeve while riding, my hands are typically slightly higher than my elbows on my bikes.

Arizona_oldguy

Twisty, I too use those heavy duty rubber gloves over my light weight ropers. Works great, keeps dry and warm, in a cold summer hail or shower storm. They have lasted two years so far, cost a couple of bucks, fit in the bag with my frog togs. are there when I need em.

Glenn

To stop water running into your gloves put your jacket over the gauntlet part and clip tight.

Ian

Eric the Blue
Al, after many years of trying different light weight waterproof gloves I keep going back to wearing a pair of heavy duty rubber dishwashing gloves over my light weight riding gloves.. Those things come with large long cuffs that seal well over my coat or rain coat sleeve,, are TOTALLY waterproof,, are cheap,, are bright colored,, come in many sizes,, & seem to work well as riding glove covers..

Twisty

+1 Great idea! I'll give this a try. --Eric

I really like the triple digits. They pack really light, I always have them with me. My three piece universal solution is thin wool liners, lee parks deer tours, and the triple digits. That was all I needed on my RT with the heated grips. I'm back to non heated grips, and am considering gerbings for the really cold days. I don't have trouble with rain running down my sleeve while riding, my hands are typically slightly higher than my elbows on my bikes.

+ whatever on the triple digits. Work as advertised in the rain, and another really nice thing about them is that they work great in really cold weather.

Even when it's dry, just slip them over your winter gloves, and they add another windproof layer while allowing almost all of the heat from the grips come through. Big difference.

Got that tip from someone on this forum, sorry can't remember who.

I had my dentist order some xxl nitrile gloves for me. Takes no time to pull them on when it lools like it will rain. Otherwise, JC Whitney has a pair of leather gloves that has rain covers in a zipper pouch on the gauntlet. The gloves and covers are of excellent quality..... have been using the same ones since 2000. JCW product # 10067G or go here:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/INSULATED_LEATHER_MOTORCYCLE_GLOVES?ID=12;0;0;0;100003;ProductName;0;0;0;0;2000067;0

Can anyone who is using the Aerostich triple digit gloves provide some guidance on proper sizing?

What is your glove size (brand and style)? What size triple digit glove are you using?

As an example: Held Steve size 10, Aerostich size ?

Thanks.

Can anyone who is using the Aerostich triple digit gloves provide some guidance on proper sizing?

What is your glove size (brand and style)? What size triple digit glove are you using?

Thanks.

I believe the triple digits are sized S-M-L-XL. I bought the same size as my winter glove. Large > Large. Worked great. They go on and off very easily.

RiderWarehouse will allow returns for resizing in case you'd want a different fit over your glove.

Thanks.

I have have held ninja size 10 and use Triple digit size large

I wear a size 10 glove and had warm and cold weather gloves with me when I stopped at Aerostich and tried the XL& XXL on with both style of gloves. I purchased the XXL and have been very happy with the size choice. Perfect with the cold weather gloves and just a bit loose with the warm weather gloves but I don't find it to be distracting, just warm and dry!

I never thought of the dish washing gloves. Seems like a good idea. I have found that no matter how many precautions you take when riding in the rain. It's not a question of whether you'll get wet, just a matter of when, and how much.

That said, I have found (from a glove perspective only) that giving in to the rain has been a reasonable option. I bought a pair of neoprene gloves from the sporting goods dept at Walmart. They are about $10, and although they get wet, because they act like a diver's wet suit (insulation), your hands won't get cold unless it is very cold outside. Just my $.02

Thanks.

Aerostich size large should fit over a lightweight size 10 glove. Note that they also have a winterized, fleece lined version of the triple-digits.

Archived