IGNORED

Warning Light

Texan

My warning light came on yesterday for not apparent reason. Reset the relays, as I could think of nothing else to do and it seemed to take care of it. It came on again on the way to work this morning, and coincidently happened to notice the brake lights working funny in the big window by where I park. So I figured, that must be a wire with the LEDs around the license plate. Wiggled them and the brake lights starting working right, and it also cleared up the warning light problem. Don't know if the warning light is hooked in with the brake light circuit, or it came on due to a short in the brake lights, but hope this might help someone else with a similar problem.

My warning light came on yesterday for not apparent reason. Reset the relays, as I could think of nothing else to do and it seemed to take care of it. It came on again on the way to work this morning, and coincidently happened to notice the brake lights working funny in the big window by where I park. So I figured, that must be a wire with the LEDs around the license plate. Wiggled them and the brake lights starting working right, and it also cleared up the warning light problem. Don't know if the warning light is hooked in with the brake light circuit, or it came on due to a short in the brake lights, but hope this might help someone else with a similar problem.
The system monitors the brake light circuits for faults, usually a bad bulb. If it sees one it will illuminate the dash warning light. Any intermittent in the circuit from add ons will certainly cause a fault to set also. Time to redo those connections better!

Update. Appears this comes on when it is cold (the engine) and goes off when it is hot. Bit bizarre. But it is coming one when I start the bike. After it is warm and I turn off the key, the light is gone when I start it back up again. The connections to the brake LEDs around the license plate are solderless. Since it is the triangle idiot light the dealer says bring it in, the only way to tell is check it on the diagnostic computer.

Archived