IGNORED

Anybody ever loose a blank?

wbrissette

On my way into work this morning, about 4 miles from the house, I realized the blank for my radio was missing. I don't ever remember hearing of anybody having a blank fall off. I'm going to look on my way home to see if I can find it, but I'm guessing that I'll probably have to purchase another one.

Anybody got a part number for that? or know about how much those things cost?

Wayne

I don't know how much they cost, but mine blew off during my test drive. The dealer replaced it with one from another bike. I haven't had any problem since.

Rod

I don't know how much they cost, but mine blew off during my test drive. The dealer replaced it with one from another bike. I haven't had any problem since.

Rod

+1 - on a service loan machine! Dealer accepted my apologies. Their low seat + low suspension RT sure was low and somewhat cramped compared to my standard machine.

Looks like part # 46637686763 is the right part and if that is the right part, it's under $20, which amazes me actually. I've rarely had a BMW part cost under $40. Heck, the BMW emblem on the fairing is nearly $50 each. I'm still not sure how it came off, but I might put a dab of red lock-tight on a few of the openings (where the radio controls would be if I had a radio) to prevent this from happening again.

Wayne

Wayne,

Yes I lost one on my 09. Had it off several times and guess did not put back on good. That is the correct part number and cost 15.99 back in Feb. I put a couple of drops of silicon on the bottom so it could still be removed if necessary. Cheapest part yet.

Archived