IGNORED

Headlight bulb replaced but still have bulb-failure indicator

RichEdwards

How does one clear the bulb-failure indicator on the multifunction display after replacing the bulb? It has always cleared itself when the bulb was previously replaced. The new bulb works fine and the front turn signals are OK as well. But the bulb-failure indicator still shows. Bike is an '05 GS.

How does one clear the bulb-failure indicator on the multifunction display after replacing the bulb? It has always cleared itself when the bulb was previously replaced. The new bulb works fine and the front turn signals are OK as well. But the bulb-failure indicator still shows. Bike is an '05 GS.

How about the rear of the bike and the brake light? I assume the bulb is of the correct wattage. You could try another bulb.

Harry_Wilshusen

When one of my headlights burnt out the dash indicator had an arrow to the front. I would assume that if it was a brakelight it would point to the rear.

It might be one of the parking lights

Harry

I had wrongly assumed that the indicator would alert me if any bulb was burned out. Not so. A few months ago a helpful stranger in a parking lot pointed out that one of my tail lights was burned out. I replaced it and now check them manually every few weeks.

Jay

Archived