IGNORED

GPS mount possiblities

noel

I just bought a Zumo 660 and am exploring different mounting options. Just from envisioning the whole setup. I think I prefer the clutch cover Ram mount. But I was also thinking of a 6" extension arm. Is that too much weight/distance for the clutch cover? How about vibration?

Is there something that uses the mirror mounting holes instead?

I appreciate your inputs.Thanks.

How about this mount? You lift up the plastic plug, tap the base into place and it's ready to use. Just did an Iron Butt ride with it and it was absolutely rock solid.

I bought two different length ram extensions: one for when I have the tank bag and the other shorter one for when the bag is removed.

BMWGPS2.jpg

I just bought a Zumo 660 and am exploring different mounting options. Just from envisioning the whole setup. I think I prefer the clutch cover Ram mount. But I was also thinking of a 6" extension arm. Is that too much weight/distance for the clutch cover? How about vibration?

Noel - not sure what bike you have but I strongly recommend a solution that gets the GPS up higher where you can refer to it with a quick glance rather than having to look down. It will be both safer and easier. I had an RCU shelf on my 98 RT and just installed a Migsel mount on my 08 RT. Both were excellent solutions for me.

IMHO, the closer to my eyes the better. I have mine mounted to a plate attached on the back of my tank bag. No problem when I go into a restaurant; just unplug the power, undo the tank bag and everything goes with me.

LeftCoastMan

Is there something that uses the mirror mounting holes instead?

I appreciate your inputs.Thanks.

Go with the clutch mount. It's easier to use when you're reaching across with your right hand.

Also, I don't like the RAM mount, because any twit can unscrew it and walk off with your Garmin, bracket, and whatever else.

Here's my setup.

Archived