IGNORED

Will ER6i earpieces fit Dumbo?

sideways

After researching threads on music playing/noise reducing earpieces for use while slab surfing on my RT, I hope to take the often given advice about the Etymotic ER6i earphones.

Howevah, maybe someone can help me with one concern. I have very large ears (think Malcolm Smith/Ross Perot/Mr. Spock) with correspondingly large openings to the inner ear. When using earplugs, the only ones I've found that work for me are the large EAR foam plugs. Other earplugs, such as the Howard Leights, won't stay in firmly when I pull a helmet on and off.

So, are the ear plug portions of the Etymotic earpieces likely to work for me?

If the flanged plastic earplug pieces that come stock with the ER6s are two small, does anyone know of an alternative?

As always, thanks mucho, in advance.

smile.gifgrin.gif

Brad

My big ears accept the ER6i's nicely. They have three soft tulip? style rings that create less friction going into the ear canal - but stay nicely.

They also stay in (& don't hurt) when I put my big head inside my big helmet.

I have the ER6i's and like them a lot for their sound quallity once you make a good seal in your ear. They are a little bit of a pain (not literally) to put in but are very comfortable once in. I have chosen to improve the ER6i's by having custom molded plugs made for them which I should have in just a few days. I got them here http://store.yahoo.com/earplugstore/cusfitearmol1.html for $115 which includes DIY mold kits. I'll let you how I like them soon.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had the custom molded plugs fitted to the ER6i's for a few weeks now and I am very happy! clap.gif They are small and easy to put in and make a good seal every time. I can hear quite well with them in as the wind noise and engine noise(what little there is) is muted to a very low level, and I don't have to have the volume of my mp3 player or radio very loud either. They fit under my HJC Symax just fine. Get them, your ears will thank you. thumbsup.gif

Disclaimer...no affiliation, just a happy owner. YMMV.

Archived