IGNORED

Turn indicator lights

RichR

First post, been reading for a while. I've searched for this but no luck. Just rode home on a 2004 R1150RT. First BMW and I'm duly impressed. Is there a way to have the turn indicators on, as running lights, and also function as turn indicators? I've read where having these on (like on a Goldwing) MAY cause a few more drivers to see the bike.

Thanks. If this has been covered somewhere already, I apologize for my lousy searching.

dopeslap.gif

Welcome!

Here's a LINK to info about the Kisan Signal Minder which can turn your signals into running lights along with making them self canceling.

Check here for a good tutorial on the use of the search function.

I use a Signalminder from Kisan Technologies for my R1150RT. I don't know if Kisan makes one for the new R1200RT but I'm sure one can't be too far down the road.

The signalminder even allows you to alter the voltage on the fly for brighter or dimmer lights. You can even turn the lights off while in motion (say in the event an LEO comes along). (Amber lenses on the rear of a vehicle are not legal in all states if any.)

I second the Kisan Signalminder recommendation - it is an easy install, there is great customer service from the factory, and not only can you do running lights in two different intensities, it also gives you self-cancelling turn signals, which for some unfathomable reason the BMW factory does not!

Try www.cyclegadgets.com to find the Signalminder.

Kisan makes it. You have the ability to adjust the brightness of the solid turn signal light, and 3 adjsutments for the time outs, either 8 sec., 30 sec., or 45 sec.In addition if you hold the turn signal for 2 secs., it will flash very fast for 5 secs., that really alerts the person in front or behind.

Thanks. I had the Kisan Signal minder on my list of goodies, but didn't realize that it would work as I wished. I'll slap myself silly for not searching/reading better.

Is there a way to have the turn indicators on, as running lights, and also function as turn indicators?

Sure. A former owner did it with my K100, and it is worthwhile.

All you need to do is replace the single filament turn signal bulbs with standard dual filament ones (usually #1187 types, I think), and wire the smaller filaments to the headlight system. The heavier filaments are connected to your signals. This will require new sockets, but these are available at auto suppliers in different sizes, one of which ought to fit.

Bob.

Archived