IGNORED

Who is going to the Falling Leaf Rally?

Angel

I wish I could, but 2 thur/fri away from work and my boss would have a fit! :cry: I LOOOOOVE this rally! Love the anvil shoot! Absolutely hilarious. Have fun and say hi to the elephant rocks for me! :wave:

I wish I could, but 2 thur/fri away from work and my boss would have a fit! :cry: I LOOOOOVE this rally! Love the anvil shoot! Absolutely hilarious. Have fun and say hi to the elephant rocks for me! :wave:

Eeewwww, that thing called work getting in the way again :eek:

Maybe next year?

I have heard and read a great deal about this rally. Its my first time and I am looking forward to the experience... if only to say that I witnessed it.

Elephant rocks? please tell they are not going to be under my tent!

Eeewwww, that thing called work getting in the way again :eek:

Maybe next year?

I have heard and read a great deal about this rally. Its my first time and I am looking forward to the experience... if only to say that I witnessed it.

Elephant rocks? please tell they are not going to be under my tent!

I'm hoping to go next year. Not sure. I think I want to take a Canada trip so that may be my big trip for the year.

Here's the link ELEPHANT ROCKS It's a neat place to ride too.

Thanks BMWGirl,

Looks like an interesting place to check out.

Anybody else thinking 'bout this rally? check out the website for more info: (google falling leaf rally).

Yeeha! Stephen

Angel,

I was planning on going. Even had the Vac Days approved. Had to cancel them and use those days this week for a slight emergency.

Spent the last couple of days talking to insurance companies, police and the county DA's office.

Some drunk in the black 4x4, running from the cops at 5 am, ran through our yard, into the driveway and took out both our cars and my boat.

Then guess what? Bogus insurance card/policy number. Grrrrrrrrr!

What makes me extra sick is that Miss Vicki's car (the small black SUV/Crossover in the pic) is usually inside the garage.

I've been parking it outside for a couple of weeks while I use her side of the garage to store lumber and set up my table saws and such. I'm building one of those Pergola things over our patio out back.

The boat has several cracks in the F-glass and a bent trailer, my car (the white one) has a bent bumper and frame, fender, tailgate, and broken tail light. Miss Vicki's car is probably totaled with a hard hit in the drivers door.

The police made me quit using a seatbelt to choke the life out of the offending driver... darn it!

Hyjack Over... Sorry :(

Maybe our troubles will be over and I can go next year. You'll be able to show me the way!

4655.jpg.982eda2f58d65f3ccad1e133f0345722.jpg

I'm going....one of my favorites. Great roads....Elephant Rocks is cool, and looking forward to checking out the progress of the Johnson Shut-ins....Oh, yes, and cobbler at Bixby

Karol Patzer

R1200GS

R1100RTP

ol trusty K75C

Karol - do you "slab it" throught IA? I live in NE IA and just came home through MO (up 19 from Thayer). Took the Avenue of the Saints from Hannibal north. Made good time, but was boring.

Any others have advice from this neck of the woods?

Dave

sADLY..."oUT"

Angel is correct-o : I am crooning at a wedding on Sat the 10th.

I will be not available. You all play well with each other.

Go into John Boo's place and have his 'wings..! Best EVAH.!

Tell him hello.

BTW - there will be the regulars from Iowa there...around 8-10...along with sIRrODNEY and others

Have fun - sorry I hafta miss it.!

BTW - there will be the regulars from Iowa there...around 8-10...along with sIRrODNEY and others

Any of the Iowa regulars from Cedar Falls? That's where I'm from and seriously considering going to this rally.

Dave

I and a few others. The AR club usually camps at the foot of the hill on the north east side of the camp ground close to the fence. Maybe we will try to be in that general area? Nothing but good things said about this one and it will be my 1st.

Yep, am planning on going from NW Mo on Friday morning as a solo. Anyone from that area going?. This will be my 1st ever m/c rally but have been riding 45 years.

...Executive decision as of 5pm (now)...

I spent the past few days monitoring the weather and that colossal system that will bring rain to OK,TX,MO,ARK during most of the day on Friday. The forecast for Saturday is a bit better but still with chances of showers.

As much as I wanted to attend FL this year, I think think that the prudent thing to do is wait another year...

Ya'll have fun out there.. stay warm and dry.

cheers,

Yeeha! Stephen

BTW... there are two seperate trips to Ark (Eureka Spgs) this month by the two DFW clubs.

Dallas is going Oct 23,24,25

Ft Worth is going Oct 30,31,Nov 1

I'm headed to the Fall Harvest Classic MC Rally in Luckenbach on the 23,24,25, so I'll be going up to Ark with the FTW guys.

Byron Lawrence (Trinity) and I aren't going up on the "3's" this time out. We plan to stay low and do a breakfast ride over to Blanco for Saturday, visit the Rally for a while, ride somewhere for lunch and try to catch up with Limecreek, back to the rally for a bit and then ride to the hotel before the deer get too thick. (We're staying on the Cheap at Days Inn in Kerrville)

Of course we ride down Friday and back on Sunday.

Got a free weekend now that you don't "have" to go to Missouri?

Yeah,

it would have been a wet one fur sure.

The local news forecast sealed the deal... flooding, high winds and a freakin tornado warning :eek:

I was so looking forward to it!

Hear, Hear, next year...

I'm going....one of my favorites. Great roads....Elephant Rocks is cool, and looking forward to checking out the progress of the Johnson Shut-ins....Oh, yes, and cobbler at Bixby

Karol Patzer

R1200GS

R1100RTP

ol trusty K75C

Woke up this morning with cold, pouring, pounding rain which was going to be here all day and I decided not to go.

Hope you had a good time.

Archived