IGNORED

Charlotte to Memphis, to Little Rock, to Jackson to Charlotte

Ben Peeples

The subject destination are not cast in stone. Any suggestions on route, or partial routes will be appreciated. Have 5 days to make the circuit.

Thanks in advance.

Ben.

There must be BBQ in the mix here. It is a worthy trip. Wish I were there right now.

I was born and raised in Memphis. You will find that middle to West Tennessee is beautiful but not very challenging. Arkansas over towards Little rock is flat and not all that pretty unless you like bumpy roads and cotton fields. But the cotton ought to be getting ready by now.

Jackson... Mississippi? Tennessee? there a lot of Jacksons to choose from.

Thanks. I might do that. This is spur of the moment, completely unplanned ride. My partner is a guy I do track days with, but we have not toured together before. It will be his first-multiday trip. I'll run it by him.

Ben.

Really wide open. I would like to cover some distance. Not interested in the super tight roads but the faster sweepers are great. I don't want to go to theme parks but any sites from the saddle are a bonus.

Thanks again,

Ben.

I'm buying an R1100RS in Texas and riding it back to Chicago (Via Nashville TN). So I'd also be interested in the better roads in the area. Not sure I want to take expressway through Little Rock & Memphis (although the fastest and most direct route).I can give it three days. Should I go the extra miles through Jackson MS and take Natchez Trace?

Have you looked at Hwy 64 from Charlotte to Chattanooga to Memphis? The ride from Charlotte to Chattanooga is really great. Chattanooga would be a pretty interesting place to voernight. It is a really cool town.

And from Chattnooga to Pulaski TN is pretty cool too.

Beyond that I am not sure.

Archived