IGNORED

Going to Torrey through Colorado?

Caddis

Just in case anyone happens to be going through Colorado to get to Torrey, be sure to check out the weather. The forecast for tonight is snow, possibly down to the 5500 ft. elevation level!

Just sayin...

Ya, saw that. Thanks. Seth and I are going to be in Farmington, NM tomorrow night and will make the call Thur morning based on radar and some phone calls. FINGERS CROSSED!

It only matters what's on the roads and so far it doesn't look like there will be enough precip or cold enough to stick on the highway... but we're watching the wx...

Got stuck in Denver last night. Came through about 4 o'clock from north and tried to get out on I-70 but didn't make it 15 miles before I had to return to Denver. Visibility was awful and there was a couple of inches of slush. Came over I-70 this morning and it was snowing all the way to Vail. Traction was ok other than at the west side of the tunnel for about 5 miles. Actually passed a Harley who was dogpaddling at 10 miles an hour. Rode 550 to Durango this afternoon and other than it was cold, it was a glorious day. Supposed to snow hard in the Denver area tonight.

Nice n Easy Rider
Got stuck in Denver last night. Came through about 4 o'clock from north and tried to get out on I-70 but didn't make it 15 miles before I had to return to Denver. Visibility was awful and there was a couple of inches of slush. Came over I-70 this morning and it was snowing all the way to Vail. Traction was ok other than at the west side of the tunnel for about 5 miles. Actually passed a Harley who was dogpaddling at 10 miles an hour. Rode 550 to Durango this afternoon and other than it was cold, it was a glorious day. Supposed to snow hard in the Denver area tonight.

Well, that was quite a welcome by the "First Day of Autumn". Glad you survived OK. Have a safe (and hopefully drier and warmer) rest of your ride. :)

After 8 Torreys from Chicago, I'm used to the possibility of big detours. I'm sitting in a motel room in Green River Wyoming tonight due to the "hard snow in the Denver area tonight" mentioned by whalerautumn. Two other times I detoured south all the way to Albuquerque, the most recent of which started with the same "went 15 miles and had to turn around" thing.

Archived