IGNORED

Problem with Stitch...

John Ranalletta

John Ranalletta

At speed, the top of the Stitch will baloon. When it does, and the zipper is full up, the top of the zipper acts like a guillotine, crunching my adams apple. It's really uncomfortable. All vents were closed and the cuffs were as tight as could be.

How to you deal with this?

Open the zippered vent across the shoulders on the back, John. It won't allow cool air IN, only keeps things going OUT. Well... in fairness, I have ridden in all temps with my Stich configured this way, and never felt it was contributing to any feelings of cold on my back or shoulders. cool.gif

And whilst at it - zip both zippers to the middle; that trick - learned from other "Sticher's" - keeps the back from becoming its own pocket to catch air.

Hope this helps!

Tool has it right...open the back zippers just a bit. What's happening is drag is forcing the back of your stich to be sucked out, and air to be sucked into the void. Open the back and it will allow this air out.

John Ranalletta

Sorry to say, the back vent was wide open, but I'll try the zipper trick. I don't wear gaunlet gloves and maybe, just enough air is getting into the cuffs and up, under the jacket (it's a 2-pc) to make the difference.

Thanks, all.

John, please go for a ride - right now!

We need to know that this "problem" is solved, lest the collective "we" lose any more sleep over it! smile.gif

I'm wondering if the air flow is different for you than me - I ride this way on my K12RS and Ducati ST4s. My Stich doesn't balloon at all. I don't suppose the solution is....

.... to buy a different bike?? blush.gif

I ride an 03 GS Adventure and wear a 1 piece stich and have never felt what you are referring to. Maybe it is the difference between the 1 and 2 piece with wind coming up under the jacket.

Duct tape the pants and jacket together and see if that helps. thumbsup.gif

Archived