IGNORED

Vibration

eguerin1

I have noticed that at speeds around 75 mph I start getting a buzz in the bars. Is this common or is there something I need to be checking out? I am relatively new to BMW bikes. I have an 02 RT. Appreciate any ideas or known causes I am missing.

First of all, welcome to the board. You will not find a better resource on the web for BMW bikes.

There are certain speeds/engine speeds where vibration is more prevalent than others. This will vary from bike to bike, and is heavilly influenced by engine tune. Setting up the throttle body sync and valves will help. this is easy to do at home, to a higher standard than your dealer tech has time to do. Do a search on +TBS for information on how to proceed

HTH,

Cya, Andy thumbsup.gif

Easy thing to check. Take it up to speed you feel vibration and pull in clutch. It it goes away-Engine. Throttle body sync, tune, plugs, etc.

If it doesn't go away -Tires. Check for proper inflation and look for cupping, bumps or irregular tread.

Always worked for me. Tire care is a must.

GK

Thanks for the good info. Appreciate the responses. Will try some of these as I go home today. I know the bike was just serviced a few weeks ago before I bought it. New tires also. Do mc tires act in the same way as car tires in that after x number of miles from original balancing when new they need to be rebalanced do to the tire settling in? (for the lack of a better phrase)

Thanks thumbsup.gif

Archived