IGNORED

motorcycle lift

jdaniel2

any recommendations on a motorcycle lift for servicing the R1200RT?

thanks - JD

JD, I sure like the Handy Lift.. Most of the M/C dealers in my area use the Handy Lift as you can add side extensions..

The Handy is fairly heavy to move around but is very stable & the air lift is great for many ups & downs..

Twisty

We use the Harbor Freight 1000 lbs Hydraulic lift. It is often on sale for under $300.

:thumbsup: +1 I've had one for two years; works great. I actually park on it. Added some side ramps to help with getting on & off (ride on, put the sidestand down on the left ramp & dismount). Jury rigged some "quick-connects" from ramp(s) to lift so they don't move around; also easy to undo when working on the bike.

394175154_zStPm-S.jpg

394175177_ABrhz-S.jpg

We use the Harbor Freight 1000 lbs Hydraulic lift. It is often on sale for under $300.

:thumbsup: +1 I've had one for two years; works great. I actually park on it. Added some side ramps to help with getting on & off (ride on, put the sidestand down on the left ramp & dismount). Jury rigged some "quick-connects" from ramp(s) to lift so they don't move around; also easy to undo when working on the bike.

394175154_zStPm-S.jpg394175177_ABrhz-S.jpg

My Harbor Freight lift died after 2 uses (was a foot pump style) but I was able to return it.

I say watch craigslist for a handylift or similar brand and save money on something that isn't so important.

thanks - JD

JD, I sure like the Handy Lift.. Most of the M/C dealers in my area use the Handy Lift as you can add side extensions..

The Handy is fairly heavy to move around but is very stable & the air lift is great for many ups & downs..

Twisty

Have had my Handy Lift for 18 years now,, :thumbsup: I see them on Craigs List all the time,,

thanks - JD

Twisty

+1

Have been using one for over 15 years for my bikes, sleds and ATVs. Best backsaver ever invented...

I don't think you can use these on the BMW R because the catalytic converter is under the bike. I jacked mine up on the cat once and it moved. I had to loosen it and put it back so the center stand wouldn't hit it.

Any other thoughts on this? Is there a special bracket that we can use?

John Ranalletta

Have had a used Handy for a couple of years now and it's the nuts. Buy what moves ya, but think seriously about a lift table. I could/would never have done the work I have w/o one. You'll appreciate the stability of a good table lift.

Used it was <$700 and a road trip to the Bluebird in Nashville.

I really like RVB's solution, but I have the car-free space:

gt1.jpg

Have had a used Handy for a couple of years now and it's the nuts. Buy what moves ya, but think seriously about a lift table. I could/would never have done the work I have w/o one. You'll appreciate the stability of a good table lift.

Used it was <$700 and a road trip to the Bluebird in Nashville.

I really like RVB's solution, but I have the car-free space:

gt1.jpg

I would suspect you are not married :rofl:

Here's what I did with mine. The Harbor Freight unit is a great deal and certainly good enough for a weekend mechanic.........

P1010488-vi.jpg

P1010484-vi.jpg

That is really cool....but you lose 3.5 to 5" of lift dontcha? :lurk:

+1 HandyLift

Archived