IGNORED

Pirelli SuperCorsa on 12RT?

Huzband

I have a line on a pair of these that allegedly have one track day on them. Seventy five bucks for the pair. Haven't seen them yet, but will on Thursday.

The only hitch is, the rear is a 190. I know the theory is it will slow turn-in. My feeling is, it's an RT, not what you'd call flickable anyway.

Our club track day at Jennings is coming up next month. And my Conti Road Attacks are getting a bit thin. I figure I can not only improve my lap times by a ten thousanth of a second, I can also get a few thousand fun miles for cheap.

What do you think?

For what you are talking about, I don't see any issue.

Double check the load rating and the clearance to the swing arm and spoon 'em on!

BTDT

I bought a set of those in Florida with Richard, while stayin at J's and seein Francois...(and you!)

The walls are not strong enough to support the bike in the corners.

Ask Phil(1bmwfan) about following me through a couple sweepers in the Hill Country while I was on the FJR. I could feel the bike moving around a bit. That would be bad enough, but Phil said he could see the tires deflecting off the rim. No way I would use then on a Sport Touring bike.

Ask Phil

L

Double check the load rating and the clearance to the swing arm and spoon 'em on!

Are ya sure your off the pain killers?????

:rofl:

BTDT

I bought a set of those in Florida with Richard, while stayin at J's and seein Francois...(and you!)

Ask Phil(1bmwfan) about following me through a couple sweepers in the Hill Country while I was on the FJR. I could feel the bike moving around a bit. That would be bad enough, but Phil said he could see the tires deflecting off the rim. No way I would use then on a Sport Touring bike.

Ask Phil

L

I was chasing you around on that pig of an Adventure, huh?

Yep!!!!

139132895_eUjRf-M.jpg

Man, I am glad you remembered that Larry!!!!

Danny, I retract that previous statement. STAY AWAY. Larry's bike was all over with that and we were only on the street! On a track with the forces you will be generating, it could be quite ugly!!!!!

Puff puff pass my man!!

BTDT

Ask Phil

L

See, that's why I ask you guys.

Great tires, no question. But I wondered how they would do under a 6-7 hundred pound pig.

Not all monetery deals are good. I think I'll pass.

One of you is the best. I think just which one is obvious. :lurk:

Puff puff pass my man!!

Cooouugh cough.....back at ya.

I have a line on a pair of these that allegedly have one track day on them...

Hmmm....I bought a set of Pilot Powers from some fella off this board once that had nearly an identical history. It worked out just fine for me :wave:

I believe I'd go for it. There isn't much at stake and the price seems right.

Jay

I don't see any advantage of going with a tire like a Supercorsa for an RT anyway, even on the track. Maybe a standard Pilot Power, but even the Pilot Road 2 or Continental RA or the like won't limit you on that bike.

There are some people that do run 190 tires on 180 (5.5 inch) rims for track use. It doesn't get wider, but it does give a larger contact patch at a high lean angle since the center gets pushed upward. To take advantage of that, however, you have to lean the bike more than the RT is capable of leaning anyway, so the end effect would probably be a negative in terms of handling and traction.

Archived