IGNORED

R1200RT Rubber Sleeve in Gas Filler Neck "Disappeared"

JoelInMA

I know some folks have purposely removed the rubber sleeve in the filler neck in order to make filling the tank completely somewhat easier. I'm on tour at the moment and went to fill the tank late this afternoon and noticed that it's now GONE, but was there earlier today. So, I'm wondering if I managed to knock it into the tank upon inserting a nozzle (and, to confess, I grabbed the diesel nozzle at one of my stops (oops)....and realized it as soon as I'd stuck it into the tank...didn't put any diesel in, however.)? If I did knock it into the tank, is that something to be worried about or will it just be in there? I guess I'm wondering if there's any chance of blocking the fuel intake.

Any thoughts will be most-appreciated!

Thanks,

Joel

Joel, difficult to believe you knocked it into the tank.. Possible but somewhat unlikely.. I would more believe it is still stuck on that diesel hose nozzle..

If it did go into the tank it shouldn’t interfere with the fuel flow or fuel pump but a slight possibility it could effect the fuel gauge if it can even get to that..

Twisty

Thanks, Twisty...it may well be as you suggest....I was so busy being "shook" that I'd put the diesel nozzle in that I didn't bother to look! The bike's run from Boise City, OK to La Junta, CO (~150 miles) without a problem, so if it is in there, your observation is certainly consistent with the facts (at least so far...here's hoping!).

Joel

Archived