IGNORED

Electric Motorcycle Sets Speed Record

Svensk

Tesla performance at a Tesla price, but with only two wheels. I'm not seeing a great future here without some significant price/performance improvement in battery technology. I do wish I could say otherwise.

150mph? I'd guess it makes what 80HP at the rear wheel to reach those speeds since it's probably narrower than a traditional IC motorcycle. Although it probably also makes 200ft-lbs fo torque. So it's probably quite a thrill ride.

I'd like to see it's 1/4 mile times and 50-70 acceration numbers.

I assume it has a traction control system and launch control. Pretty easy to do when it's an electronic throttle already.

The Bonneville record is based on two separate one-mile runs and the speed is the average of the two runs whereas the Killacycle is a drag bike that runs one quarter mile from a standing start. Clearly the Killacycle would be the "quicker" bike, but it is not designed to maintain the speed.

The Bonneville record is based on two separate one-mile runs and the speed is the average of the two runs whereas the Killacycle is a drag bike that runs one quarter mile from a standing start. Clearly the Killacycle would be the "quicker" bike, but it is not designed to maintain the speed.

Who really cares about speed if you are going to have to recharge it every 15 or 20 minutes... or even 30 minutes...

Regards -

-Bob

Archived