IGNORED

Clutch Switch??

Lineareagle

I an unable to start the bike '06 GSA with the bike in gear, side stand up and the clutch disengaged.

There appears to be a sensor at the clutch lever.

Has anyone had this issue before?

How do I trouble shoot it?

Starts in neutral. Dies when you drop the side stand. So I'm thinking it isn't sensing the clutch disengaged.

My '05 RT does the same occasionnally; after I engage the clutch and disengage again, it's OK.

Ya, that worked for awhile, now nada. Want to make sure I am not missing something that will leave me stranded sometime.

This is a fairly common part to go bad. Most BMW dealerships stock the part for around $25 and can change it while you wait for 1/2hr charged labor if you dont feel like doing it yourself.

It's definately the clutch switch.

JT

This is a fairly common part to go bad. Most BMW dealerships stock the part for around $25 and can change it while you wait for 1/2hr charged labor if you dont feel like doing it yourself.

It's definately the clutch switch.

JT

TNX maybe the dealers in the US do but here they want $45.00 and 14 days to import it!

I did find it on Max fiche so maybe I'll get one on a trip someday.

The clutch switch has a limited amount of adjustment by bending the tab in it. Listen closely for the ‘click’ when you cycle the lever. If it is very near the start or the end of the pull (or not at all) it may be as simple as adjusting the switch. Save’s you the $$ if so.

Archived