IGNORED

Go Ballistic?

mikef97

Does anyone have any experience with the Joe Rocket Ballistic 5.0 pants in hot weather? Hot as in crossing the desert in late September? Any comments appreciated.

These are good overpants. Waterproof, is you are careful with the fly. Good zippers.

However, they are hot! Especially on an RT with little wind over the legs. They are also bulky with hip and knee armour, hard to roll-up small.

Since I got FG mesh overpants, I'm saving my JR for colder weather. Sure like the FG mesh, but the liner is a pain when you are at the side of the road, and rain is coming.

I love my First Gear mesh overpants! Very comfortable. I wear shorts beneath in the summer and even 95 degrees with high Delaware humidity is tolerable. Sweats or jeans work beneath them in the spring / fall. I even prefer them to my First Gear HT Overpants in the winter if it's not too cold. Mine are size 34Tall. I generally wear waist size 33 Levis of 33 or 34 length. I like that these were available in a tall size so they cover my boots. My only complaint with them is I can't find a label with the name of the pants on it. smirk.gif One label says Meshtex on it but I don't think that's what First Gear calls 'em. Got mine from newenough.com.

ShovelStrokeEd

Like this? See attachement.

Actually, I prefer the Airflow II pants over the BMW summer ones. Both give my knees fits on the S to the extent I have had to remove the knee armor. I'm sending my drag race leathers back to Vanson to have them resized, think I might have them poke a few holes in there as well.

563068-Picture1.png.fb22f1a6a47bc236f6ff58835845f056.png

Does anyone have any experience with the Joe Rocket Ballistic 5.0 pants in hot weather? Hot as in crossing the desert in late September? Any comments appreciated.

I have the 4.0 version and my wife has the 5.0. I have a high heat tolerance so I am not a good sample for that.

I wore them in Florida (85 degrees) last year. Just wore shorts under them and zipped the sides down for venting...not too bad.

The 5.0 version has vecro down the sides which makes taking them off a pain (have to undo each velcro closure), however the 4.0 version simply has a zipper with one velcro at the bottom (faster and easier).

Like this? See attachement.

ED,

You will most likely try to humiliate or belittle me

OK I'm new to this world of BMW but does bullet trajectory have to do with riding pants armor?? confused.gif

Are they alleging them to be the safest??

ShovelStrokeEd

Not in the least. The curve you see in the attachement is a ballistic curve. It describes the path a bullet will take under the influence of air resistance and gravity.

Another use of the term ballistic is in the wound channel behaviour sometimes termed internal ballistics.

The term ballistic for the materials used in our armoured pants would refer to their ability to stop a bullet and nothing whatever to their ability to provide abrasion protection other than advertising hype. It gets used in advertising for suitcases, protective clothing and all kinds of other crap for which the term is inappropriate.

I was merely having a bit of fun. You have to be a real asshat before I will try to humiliate or belittle you, despite my grouchy demeanor, I really like people. Guess I gotta start using smileys more.

Archived